Gia

"I'm on my way." I told my father before hanging up. He told me that he needed my help with an operation because he couldn't trust too many people. Which was understandable because ain't nobody loyal now and days.  He also informed me on some dude named Jay'Shawn who happened to be the quote on quote,  leader. My problem was,  why wasn't my father ruling the streets?

I finally arrived at this restaurant named  'Cole's', where I was instructed to meet this Jay'Shawn guy. I tapped my foot on the ground as I grew impatient waiting on this dude.  Suddenly an all black Mercedes-Benz pulled up in front the restaurant. It was tinted out so I couldn't even see a face or anything. A strong muscular, dark caramel figure stepped foot out of the Benz. I was impressed by his formal swag. He approached me. For some strange reason my heart was racing. Was I nervous? I thought to myself. 

"Is your name Gi-Gi?" He asked looking into my eyes. He was very handsome with his brown eyes that seemed to sparkle.

"Yes,  you must be Jay'Shawn? " I asked as I extended my hand in greeting.  He smiled and nodded as he took my hand into his and kissed my hand softly.  Oww,  daddy found me a gentleman! I said excitedly to myself. 

"Nice to meet you." He proceeded by opening the door for me.  The waiter showed us our way to our table and we sat down looking at the menu. 

"So,  how do you know my father?" I asked trying not to admire his face too much. 

"Him and my father went way back."

"What was your father's name?" I asked scanning the menu. None of this shit fit my appetite but him. 

"Skee." He responsed as he called the waiter over. 

"I would like the steak and some wine, please." The waiter quickly wrote down his order.

"And for the lady?" He asked. 

"She'll take some wine." Jay'Shawn said,  answering his question. 

"Will that be all sir?" He nodded.

"Now, what if I was hungry?" I asked,  snapping my eyes.

"The way you was lookin' at da' menu,  you ain't look hungry at all shawty."

Well he was good at reading body language, and he was so smoov that I liked it. But I knew that daddy didn't send me here for a date.  The waiter returned with his food and our wine. 

I sipped my wine.

"So wasup?" I asked raising my eyebrow.  He began cutting into his steak before answering,  "Your pops suggested that you should be on my team." He took a bite of his steak and licked his big lips. 

"And?"

"And, how you feel bout' that?" , "You think you ready fo' all this? "

"Do you think you ready for all this?" I shot back at him.  He smirked and sipped his wine. 

"I'm ready fo' whateva. But you?", he took another sip before continuing,  "Ima put you up to a test tonight."

I snapped and rolled my eyes."I don't need no testing. I ain't no dumb bitch, my father is Ray Griffin," "I know what I'm doing."

He finished his steak and looked at me.

"Okay, I'll have somethin' fo you tomorrow." I nodded and he took out a wad of cash and threw it on the table.

"Cmon' we outta here." We both got up leaving the table and were now outside the restaurant where we first met.

"Where yo' ride?" He asked looking around for it. 

"I parked it on the side." I told him.

"I'll see you around Jay. Take my number." He pulled out his phone and I punched my number into it.

We then parted ways. 
Damn, he was fine.