Chapter Eighteen: Truth

Kyraila was gripped by the nape, she felt the sharp claws of the creature press against her skin - though not hard enough for it to pierce her skin

Kyraila was gripped by the nape, she felt the sharp claws of the creature press against her skin - though not hard enough for it to pierce her skin. Before she could swing her sword to attack, the creature used all of its force and threw her through the air. She was thrown in the direction of the barn. She was thrown at such a speed she smashed through the barn doors, creating a massive hole. Nathanial couldn't believe what just happened, he was in shock, but at the moment he had to fight for her. He began to fire his arrows at the beast, which pierced his back but it wasn't an effective way to kill the creature. The creature was large and hairy, it looked like a wolf, but this wolf was on its back legs - standing like a human would. Its eyes were piercing every soul they looked at due to their crimson red eyes that glowed in the night. Nathanial couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"A Wulver," Nathanial was now in pure shock when he heard the myths about this creature. But he was fuelled with rage due to what happened mere moments ago. He ready another arrow, and placed it in its groove ready to fire at the beast. However, out of nowhere a large wooden cart was thrown in the direction of the beast at a speed so fast, Nathanial had barely any time to dive out of the way. Once it made impact with the Wulver it smashed into a million pieces and flung the creature back. The wind was knocked out of Nathanial for a moment, as he recovered, but a white hot pain generated from his leg. Looking down at his leg, he could see a large wooden piece stabbed into his side, blood leaking from the wound. But he pushed the pain away, wanting to know who threw that cart. His eyes travelled to the barn to see Kyraila striding forward unhurt and alive. The creature wasn't dazed for long, and shook off the attack like it was nothing. The creature roared in anger, now pissed. His eyes darted from Kyraila to Nathanial, which gave Kyraila the understanding that the beast was off for the weaker one.

"Run!" She yelled over to Nathanial, but the creature pounced from his position and got its giant claws ready to slash through Nathanial. He closed his eyes shut from the impending doom that was going to strike. But Kyraila wasn't going to let him get hurt, with a quick reaction she shot forward at an inhuman speed and raised her sword up just in time for the beast to make contact with the metal. His claws clattered with the surface of her sword, protecting Nathanial from the attack. She was using her strength to keep this creature back.