Chapter 51

It seems like Marlene and Jc have some sort of secret they're both hiding from me, but Jc seems nervous about it while Marlene is angry. It's been going on for a few days and I'm not sure what to do anymore, it's like every time I try and do something fun together there's tension or awkwardness in the air... and it's sickening to me.

"You're gonna have to tell her at some point" I heard an angry Marlene whisper, as I was about to walk back with the popcorn.

"She doesn't have to know" I assume Jc answered.

"Marlene, just stay out of it. It's their relationship" Connor responded.

I didn't know whether to burst in there and ask what were they keeping from me or just pretend like I don't know anything, so I just acted on impulse.

"Popped da popcorn, now we can watch da movie" I cheered as I sat between Jc and Marlene while holding the bowl of popcorn.

Jc made himself comfortable as he put his arm around me. I decided to ignore my thoughts and nuzzled into his arms.

The movie played and basically Connor and Marlene nearly crapped their pants while I laughed and Jc had no effect to it.

"We should go out for some frozen yogurt" I suggested.

"I'm not going out" Connor stated.

"Dude you're such a pussy, oh my god." Jc laughed.

"I wanna stay in anyway" Marlene bluntly spoke.

"Alrighty then..." I awkwardly said "Jc you wanna go out for some frozen yogurt?"

"Sure, my car or yours?" Jc asked.

"Mine. I feel like driving today" I giggled.

"Well then, let's go." Jc smiled.

We both went to Fro-Yo and each got a frozen yogurt. On the way back to the car, I decided to bring up something that I had a feeling was gonna lead to something big.

"Jc?" I suddenly spoke.

"Yeah?" he looked away from the yogurt and looked at me.

"Can I ask you something?" I nervously asked.

"Anything." he smiled.

"You sure?"

"Yeah..." he answered, less sure if he did wanna answer my following question.

Oh.

"Uh... never mind when we get to the house" I managed to crack a smile.

"Ok..." was all that came out of his mouth.

The entire car ride was silent, well at least for me. I'm not sure if Jc was talking the ride to the house, because the entire time I was focused on how the conversation would go.

Would he get mad?

Annoyed?

Crushed?

I mean he shouldn't care, right?

But why is he keeping it from me?

We finally came to a stop as I parked the car in the driveway.

"Well, you ignored all my comments. That makes me feel special." Jc scoffed, while unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Huh? Oh sorry" I responded, snapping away from my thoughts.

"What's wrong?" he asked, examining my face.

"Inside the house, please" I smiled, as I got out of the car and made my way to the front door without checking if he was behind me. I got to the door and unlocked it with the set of keys they had gave me a few days back. I pulled the door after myself, expecting it to close. I didn't hear the click after a while, so I'm guessing Jc was now a few steps behind me. I examined the living room. No one was there. There was a note: