Chapter 40

"Hello?" I answered my phone, hoping she'd be calm.

"Melissa, where are you?! I come to check up on you and you're not here! Where are you" that, everyone, is my guardian... my cousin.

"Sorry, I just came to L.A. with Marlene for a few days" I said a little nervous.

"A few days?! It's been at least a week! I come home, from working my ass off for you and you didn't even have the courtesy to ask?!" she yelled.

"I know you're mad, but I don't think you should yell. Marlene will probably hear you. We're actually at target right now" I informed so maybe, just maybe, she tones it down a nautch.

"I want you back by tomorrow. I don't care what time, I don't care if today you get here but I want you here BY TOMORROW. You hear me?" she said calm, but I could tell she was holding back some anger.

"Ok, I'm sorry." I apologized in a low voice.

I wasn't really sorry I left, just sorry she was worried.

"We'll talk about this when you get back. I cannot believe this; you have no idea how worried I was" she scoffed.

"Ok" was all I could say.

"Goodbye." I knew she was beyond mad, because she didn't even call me by any sweet name or anything.

"Bye" I hung up, feeling bad.

"Oh there you are" I heard a voice from behind "so what do you think we should get for the challenge?"

"I don't think we can do a challenge" I shyly shrugged.

"Why?" she asked confused. It's obvious she's confused, because she's too scared to do any challenge and I'd be crazy to deny a challenge of her acceptance.

"Marie called. She got back from one of her trips and she noticed I was gone" I stated.

"You didn't ask" she gasped, as I shook my head 'no'. "Well, when are we leaving?"

"Today." I stated.

"Oh" that even hurt me "ok, well I guess we'll just have to go pack up our things and go."

"Yeah, I guess so" I wasn't gonna lie, I felt like crying.

Mostly, because of the fact that Jc and I had just became something and already, I was leaving...