Chapter 28

Gabriella's POV
I woke up this morning & I felt a rush of sadness. When you're dreaming with a broken heart, waking up is the hardest part.
I just had to accept that some nightmares don't end once we open our eyes.
I didn't have Grayson anymore.
I was all alone today without Grayson by my side at school.
I walked to my locker by myself.
I walked to all my classes by myself.
In Geometry, we looked at each other. But I ignored him.
Before lunch he came up to me,
"Want to walk to lunch?" He asked.
"Grayson...please. Don't make this harder than it needs to be. Do your thing. We are broken up."
"Gabriella...you don't mean that."
"Yes. I do. Grayson you cheated on me. And I will never forgive you for that. Leave me alone & never speak to me, again. Do your thing & don't let me stop you."

Grayson's POV
I tried to make things right, but if Gabriella wants to leave things like this, then whatever.
I did write a letter for Gabriella that explains all my feelings for her & how sorry I felt. But I knew I couldn't hand it to her now.
During lunch, girls kept coming up to me. Word spread fast that Gabriella & I were done. I flirted with girls but...it wasn't the same.
I want Gabriella.

Gabriella's POV
I sat alone in lunch.
Alexa & all the cheerleaders were done with me since I 'stole' him.
Alexa looked at me & gave me a dirty look & went to Grayson's lunch table to talk to him.
I just wish Grayson didn't screw up, because...I still want Grayson. More than anything.
I just sat there alone, reading my books.

Ethan's POV
I looked over at Gabriella's table & she was alone. Even though she is my brother's ex, she is still my friend.
I walked over to her table.
"Hey."
"Hey. Wait, you're actually talking to me?"
"Yeah. I'm not a douche. I'm still your friend." I said.
"Good. Because I need someone right now."
"Yeah. I'm always here."
She smiled.
As I talked to her. I realized how charming she was. How bright her smile was. How smart she is. How she plays with her hair. How soft her skin is.
But I didn't realize, how dumb would Grayson be to let her go? She's perfect.
I thought a little bit deeper and...maybe, just maybe the reason why Alexa & I never worked was because we both liked other people.
She liked Grayson.
And I realized that I really do like Gabriella.
I like her so much that I would actually date her.
I know Grayson is my brother but I can treat her better.
"Hey, wanna come over today?" I asked her.
"Yeah. But...I just don't wanna run into Gr-"
"Run into Grayson? Don't worry he won't be home, he's gonna be out with his friends, now since he-"
"He's single." She said finishing my sentence.
"Yeah. But don't worry. It will be just us." I said as I held her hand.
She nodded.

-

Everyone says that there's always a better twin. But is Ethan the one. Or is he just stuck in the moment?