Chapter 33

•weeks later•
Gabriella's POV
Ethan & I have been dating for a while now but I'm still not IN love with him.
Grayson ended up staying with Alexa. And I guess their doing good but I don't talk to him since I'm with Ethan.
Ethan & I have been doing sorta good but then again not. We've been arguing a lot over stupid stuff. It's complicated to deal with him sometimes.
It's even over whelming to the point where I want to break up.
Sometimes I stop & think how it would be if I were with Grayson.
But I just shake off the thought because right now we can't be together.

Today in school, while Ethan & I were by my locker Alexa came up to us & handed us envelopes.
"What is this?" Ethan asked her.
"It's an invite to my sweet 16 this Saturday. Grayson insisted on inviting you guys." She said with an attitude.
Ethan & I looked at each other.
"Unless...you guys don't wanna go." She said.
"Oh. No. Don't worry. We'll be there." I said as I gave her a look.
"Thanks." She said & rolled her eyes.
Alexa & I aren't in the best speaking terms right now, as you can tell.
"See you there." I said to her as I held Ethan's hand & walked away.
As we walked to English, I said to Ethan,
"So meet me at my house so we can go dress & suit shopping."
"Wait. We're not actually going to that party, are we?"
"Of course we are, baby. And we have to dress to impress."
"If you don't like Alexa, then why go?"
"Because her & I not liking each other is bigger motivation to make sure WE slay at her party."
He looked at me.
"Not to worry. We will be the hottest couple there." He said.
I smiled at him.

After school, we went shopping for a suit while Grayson went with Alexa suit shopping for himself.
Ethan & I spent the whole day at the mall until we finally found a matching suit & dress.
Our color was purple. I was wearing a tight purple, sparkly dress, with silver, sparkly heels. And Ethan was going to wear a white tux with a purple tie.
My main focus was to just look a thousand times better than Alexa.
But we'll see what else goes on on Saturday.

-

Better get your dancing shoes ready, because it looks like it's going to get crazy on Saturday.

author's note: Is Gabriella actually dressing up to defeat Alexa? Or does she have another plan in mind that we might not know yet?