viii. the road awaits

IT'S MY TURN,chapter eight!━━

IT'S MY TURN,
chapter eight!
━━

TOMMY awoke, a yawning mess. he sat up and looked around, he was outside. he looked to his side and saw y/n dead asleep. he laughed as he got up.

it was usually just will and him and even then, when he woke up will was usually gone.

he walked into his home to see alex and wilbur asleep on his bed, nearly cuddling. it warmed his heart to see them getting along like old times. he laughed at the boys and began to pack up. they had a big journey ahead of them if they wanted to get to L'manberg any time soon.

oh how his heart jumped at the thought of L'manberg. while it was the country he grew up in, he wasn't very included in it. they lived on the edge of L'manberg, on a technicality they were citizens. his dad never liked the thought of a hierarchy, but never forced his opinions on his sons.

tommy didn't have an opinion on it, he just wanted people to be happy. if he could help make that happen, then he was in. he was his big brothers "right-hand man." all of his brothers worked together, they believed they were gonna make the country better.

never did they ever think that one of them would get hooked on the power.

never did his father have more regret than he did then. if only he had said no to will —— maybe he'd still be receiving letters from him every wednesday and sunday.

maybe techno wouldn't have to visit his little brother's grave every friday for their weekly catch up.

maybe tommy wouldn't have to go through everything alone.

maybe tubbo wouldn't feel the need to follow in his footsteps —— to fill his shoes.

maybe his (wilbur's) son would have a dad —— a parent.

it's the "what if?" ———— the possibility. the should've, could've, would've. the regret and guilt.

what would be different if they didn't lose the glue of their family?

tommy smiled to himself thinking about the stories he told to his new friend last night. he missed tubbo and techno. he missed his dad —— he missed the hugs he'd receive when he visited. he missed having his family.

he wiped the tears that were unconsciously forming and carried on with packing. there was no need for tears, crying never got anyone anywhere.

he pulled out rice and eggs and threw them in a pot, covering the top with aluminum. he walked back outside and pulled a log into the pit; lighting it and leaving the pot on top to cook.

hard-boiled eggs and a bowl of rice would keep them pretty full for at least 5 hours and if they had any extras he'd just make them a few wraps to enjoy on the go if needed.