xxxiii. thank god for a pearl clutch

𖦹

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍,chapter thirty-three!━━

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍,
chapter thirty-three!
━━

THE lava grazed her armor, the heat instantly reaching her skin, her eyes closed softly, accepting her death.

then with the swift motion and a tug of her body she hit solid ground.

her eyes shot open to be met with the masked man who had a stack of enderpearls gripped between the fingers on one hand.

"huh-" she spoke baffled.

wasn't he just trying to kill her?

"y/n, just listen to me-" the masked man spoke.

"Y/N?!" techno called out, his rapid footsteps coming closer and closer by the second.

"how do you know my name?" she questioned, stepping away steadily.

"it's a long story-" she cut him off. "WELL START TALKING!" she pulled out her sword and held it to his throat.

"i'm your-" techno cut him off.

"step away from her, dream."

"please, techno, just let me talk to her. i know she's been in contact with tom-"

"no. she hasn't. he's dead, dream." ————— "my little brother is dead."

"techno-"

"when will you just leave my family alone, huh?" techno's sword was now up to dreams torso.

"don't blame me for will, he made his own decisions-"

"enderpearl away, and we won't kill you right here." he spoke through gritted teeth, his jaw clenched and knuckles white.

"y/n-" dream began to beg before being cut off by a kick to the stomach. "I DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD TALK TO HER. NOW GO AWAY."

dream sighed and threw another pearl, sharing a glance with y/n before disappearing.

techno's fist were balled at the thought of dream, and seeing him there, it hurt far beyond he could imagine.

it's like seeing a murderer walk out of court without pension. when you don't receive justice and they get to keep living their life.

y/n's gut wrenched, a burning sensation in her lower abdomen. her hand flew over her mouth as she ran over the edge, hurling loudly, tears escaping her eyes as she tried her best to pull herself together.

heavy breathing as she tried her hardest to stop the vomiting, but to no avail it kept coming out, and she kept crying.

techno just stood behind her, quietly tapping his foot as she poured her guts out onto the netherrack below them.

it hurt, hurt like fucking hell.

the sandwich that was once in her stomach now painted all over the ground. her throat that was once so dry from the adrenaline of nearly dying now burning from the acid mixed food escaping her lips.

a shaky gasp left her mouth, her tears building up as she reluctantly swallowed her saliva. "that's dream?!"

the question made her gag.

she knew who that was, she'd seen him various times before. different costumes, same green face mask ——— but now he wore a blank white circular mask on top.

"y/n-"

"i've seen him more than a handful of times." she was sobbing.

"if he's who i think he is-" she stopped herself. "i'm not sure i can help tommy."

"help tommy?" techno was lost.

"i promised him that if i ever came close to dream... i'd kill him, but i think he's my brother, and i won't kill him." her hands were shaky and so was her voice, every word that escaped from her lips sounded as if there was an earthquake in her throat.

she wiped her mouth and stood up, blankly staring at the ground as she made her way down the cliff and back to the bastion's chests.

techno felt bad for her, a lump in his throat as he thought about his little brother, tommy.

he had been so hard on him his entire life, he was the delinquent and he always treated him that way, they all did...

with the sigh that escaped his lips he ran after y/n to ensure she wouldn't get targeted by any remaining brutes.

they raided the chests, scraps of netherite (ancient debris) and gold inside as well as an enchanted bow y/n proudly took.

their walk home was empty and quiet, both too scared to shatter the invisible glass that isolated them.

the sounds of the screaming souls escaping the sand beneath their slow feet making the atmosphere feels so much more fragile.

yet the ghasts that cried and shot fireballs around them didn't even make them flinch, they just dragged their feet on the sand and kept going.

it didn't take long for one of them to say the wrong thing though.

"i'm sorry about dream, y'know." techno's voice felt like it echoed, the once still air now back in frantic movement.

she didn't respond to him, she wasn't sure how to.

it's not everyday you realize the man who've you've been plotting against is your brother or that they've become something you never thought they could be.

"if it means anything, i know how much it sucks to see your brother become the bad guy." he laughed nervously.

he himself wasn't sure why he said that, it was just nervous word vomit.       and it was a laugh that sent daggers into your soul, unintentional daggers.

"it doesn't mean anything." she laughed back, a lot angrier that intended.

techno just nodded and went back to his silence.

this time it was much more brittle, an unstable bridge, one step and it'd collapse.

what a long way home it was for them both...
-

a/n: LOL, SCHOOL IS STILL KICKING MY ASS-
sorry for no updates in like 4 months tho 🧍‍♀️