Chapter 26 The letter

Chapter 26

“The Letter

***CL’s POV***

“Eonnie someone asked me on the ball but I took him down.” Said Yuna.

“Why did you turn him down? You don’t like him?” I asked her. Yuna and I, we share the same room. Chineun and Gina sleep at the other room. I’m lying on my bed when Yuna wants to talk to me about something.

Her bed sheets made a sound so I assumed she moved. I turn my head to her and she is now facing me. “I turn him down because I heard that they just made a bet about it.” I immediately sat on my bed when she said that.

“Jinjja??? Who is that guy? I will teach him a lesson.”

“No eonnie don’t do that. Their group is betting with all the girls in the campus.” Those jerk.  They don’t do any good. “Good thing you rejected him. That was his karma.” I sneered.

“I regret it when I said no to him. Ahhhhhh, how bothersome.”

“HUH?? Why??” I position myself flat on bed again.

“Well eonnie he’s my crush.” She admitted.

“Aigoo, you like someone like those guys? Those jerks are not worth to be loved.” Actually I’m too harsh for saying that to her.

“Aish eonnie!! He is not that bad like what you think…” She still blabbering non sense when I cut her.

“Just go to bed. I’m sleepy. Goodnight.” I covered my head with my blanket. Yuna is whispering words that only she could hear.

I woke up late because our teacher in our first subject said he will be absent today. I saw Gina went out first. Chineun and Yuna are still preparing for their things. I took the box of cereal and milk out of the refrigerator. Then I almost broke the bowl when I heard Gina screaming on the door. “CL there’s a letter for you!”

“A Letter for me?” I walk to her slowly. A letter from whom? My parents don’t send letter for me. Besides we are in a modern era so will write letters in a day like this? “Wow you have a secret admirer?” Chineun intriguingly asked. I didn’t notice that they are at my back.

“When I was young someone do this kind of things to me but I can’t remember who.” Anyways whoever sends this letter maybe he is an old man.

“Aish open the letter so we could see if it is a secret admirer or if he has a name.” Chineun nags. Yuna and the others are waiting for me to open it. Then I tear the envelope and began to unfold the paper. The first word I saw was the name of the sender. “Please read it out loud.” Gina pleaded.

“This is a private matter. I’ll read it first then you all read it together after I’m done.” They all agreed it.

Claire,

I know it’s so unmanly to do this but whenever I see you up close my heart is beating fast and I can’t even utter a single word to you. I couldn’t even move and act normal when you are around so I decided to write you. Can you be my date in our ball? I promise to be a man and face you with all of my strength. So please be my date. Pretty please say yes. I’ll wait for your reply later. Let’s meet at the school garden after school. See yah!

Sincerely yours,

Lee Jeongmin

Shock, happiness and excitement are feeling that I feel right now. I want to shout and jump all over the place. Am I dreaming? I couldn’t even think straight after reading the letter. Jeongmin sonsaengnim is asking me to be his partner on that night. I gave the letter to Chineun and the smile on my face won’t fade.