Chapter 20 The past

Chapter 20

"The Past"

***HYUNSEONG's POV***

"Huh? What's that Jeongmin? Can I see it too?" I was grabbing the card but Jeongmin move it away.

"Uhm, hyung let's check it later okay? With the other members." Jeongmin act so uneasy. He hides the envelope behind him. He's so suspicious but I let it pass. I'll see that card later so I'll just wait.

I supervise the students inside the kitchen in cooking the food. We have baked enough cakes to use for today. All we need to do is to wait for people to order them.

Since we are done already I move out of the kitchen to join the others outside. Donghyun hyung is sitting comfortably at the table near the window while eating his red velvet cake together with a hot coffee. "Good morning sir are you enjoying your drink? How's the taste of the cake sir?" I pretended to be a real chef. Hyung chuckled when he saw me.

"Are you done inside?" He's referring about the chores inside the kitchen. "Yup, all done."

"Then join me here. What do you want?" He smiled but his eyes don't. Does he have a problem? "Sure hyung." I hesitated for a second but maybe he needed some company.

"Okay order anything you want. I'll treat you." Wahh seriously! Why is he acting this way? He called Kwangmin and he entertains us.

"Hi sir. What can I do for you?" He politely asked.

"I want to order a Chocó chip and a strawberry short cake." He wrote it in a piece of paper. "Anything else?" I shook my head and he left.

"Are you tired Hyunseong? You can take a break if you want to, uhm like have fun with other girls and visit the other stalls.  And..." He kept on talking and talking.

"But I'm already resting hyung." I simply said to cut him from his blabbering.

"Oh yes you're right. Just enjoy your food." After saying that Kwangmin appear and placed my orders on our table.

"Thank you."

"Enjoy your meal, sir." Kwangmin smiled.

I took a bite on my cake and I was satisfied of the taste. The sweet flavour rolled inside my mouth as I chew every bit of it. I was about to partake another bite but someone took the piece from me.

"Hmmmmm... this... uhm... choo goood..." Jeongmin said while chewing his food.

"Yah! That's supposed to be mine!" I whined like a child. 

"Sorry hyung, the cake was begging for me to eat it. I just can't resist the cake you know." He admitted while he grins like a fool.

The festival went well and the students enjoyed the school event. We are all gathered in the school gym. They will announce the winners for the contest. "Thank you all for participating in our school festival and for behaving well. We hope that we will continue to work in harmony in the future. Before we announce the winners our principal would like to give some words." Boseok the student council president really did a great job. The way she talk in front with confidence makes my tired day all gone.

I like Boseok because she reminds me of my older sister. Their over flowing confidence, intelligence and not to mention their angst. For me she's the best sister I ever had. She always rescue me when someone wants to bully me, she cares for me when I am sick, she stays with me when I am afraid and she makes me happy when I am sad. I miss her so much. 

"That's all and enjoy the rest of the festival." Okay the principal speech ended and I didn't even hear a thing beside his closing remark. Boseok walk to the center again as she announces the winners.