Chapter 30 Hopes

Chapter 30

“Hopes”

***AERRI’s POV***

Once again I sneak out of our room. I went to the roof top to star gaze. I closed my eyes to wish even if there are no stars visible in the sky. The polluted air is covering my wonderful view. “What are you wishing?” I startled to the voice that suddenly spoke.

“Mianhae did I scare you?” Hyunseong gentle voice echoed to my ear. I eyed him like I hated him for interrupting my ceremony. Any way my wish was granted. I wished to see him and now he is here.

“Maybe I should go. You hated me for being here.” How sensitive.

“Aniyo oppa, I’m happy to see you here.” I fake a smile. He chuckled like a little kid. “I can’t sleep so I went here. I didn’t expect you to be here.”

“You should expect me to be here at night and don’t expect me to be here in day.” I retorted.

“What are you a roof top ghost?” He joked. Even if his joke was not that funny still it made me laugh.

“It’s because CL is the one always stay here when day time.” I explained and he made a weird face.

“I need to make my schedule to stay here then? CL at day time and you at night time. I choose the night shift.” The more I listen to him the more I’m becoming confused. Is he talking to me or he’s talking to himself. I don’t know.

“You are funny?” I suddenly exclaimed.

“Oh? Am I funny? You are the first person who said that I am funny.” He revealed with a smile.

We headed back to our dorm and sad to say he didn’t even mention something about the ball. I’m losing hope I won’t get a date on Valentine’s day. I sighed. My valentine is so melancholic. There is something inside me that is still believe that I will find a date on that day. Just be positive Aerri and you’ll find one soon.

Two days more and it will the Val ball. I’m scribbling random lines in my notes when I heard someone calling me. “Pssst…. Aerri eonnie.” I looked outside our room and I saw Kangdae. I check out my watch and we still have time for small chats.

 “Kangdae hubae.” I called her name like I’m wondering why she is here. “Eonnie, girls in…”

“In my class are freakily annoying.” I finished the sentence for her. That’s what she always says so I memorized it.

“Yah eonnie why are you like that?” She crossed her arms. I like this dongsaeng of mine. She thinks matured but she still she act like a kid.

“Because that’s what you keep on saying to me every day.” I laughed at her reaction. She scratched her head and she laughed also.

“Did he ask you already?” I got what she meant. It’s about Hyunseong if he asked me to the ball. I answered him by frowning and looking down. I hope she’ll get the message.

 “So he didn’t.” What a clever girl she got my message. Well it’s okay for me if I have no date.

“It’s okay if he’ll not ask me.” Is it really fine with me?

“Eonnie don’t lose hope. If he’s not going to ask you then let it be. Give him more time to heal.” Kangdae is encouraging me not to lose hope.

 “Ne you are right, he needs more time for himself.” She’s right. She’s absolutely correct. I’ll give him more time to think. The bell rang and we went to our designated room.