Chapter 56

Frustration leaks out of my ears as I stare at my reflection in the fifth outfit I have tried on this morning. Teeth grind against one another as I stare at the mirror, nails digging into my palms. My reflection staring back at my body as I judge the outfit clinging to my body. None of my clothes felt right to me this morning, everything I seem to put didn't feel like 'the outfit' that I should wear today. It didn't help when my nerves were shot to bits with anxiety and stress. Everything didn't look right in my mind. I've spent hours trying to think of the best outfit and the best look to rock up to my new job today and none of them have screamed 'this is the look'. Why does this have to be so hard?!

Cursing under my breath, I run my fingers through my hair and rip off my outfit with a small whine. Tears of vexation pool in the corner of my eyes as I throw my clothes on the floor and bury my head in my hands. Shoulders tremble as I release another pitiful whine. My stomach tying in knots as I stare at the sea of clothes I've pulled from my closet. God... I daren't look at the clock. Why is this so difficult?! All I need is an outfit... is that so hard to ask for? Just an outfit. An outfit that will give my bosses the impression that I'm professional, I'm reliable and I'm good at what I do. Why does this have to take so much time?

Catching my attention, the door opens. My nose sniffling as Keigo walks in with a plateful of toast covered with poached egg and smashed avocado. Keigo eyes the mountain of clothing as he sets my plate down onto my nightstand and heads toward me, his arms wrap around my waist, kissing my cheek as he judges the sheer amount of clothes I'm surrounded by. This is obviously not what he had in mind for how I would start my first day at Modutusuka Fashion Industries. Taking a deep breath, Keigo pulls away and opens up my closet with a small hum.

"Baby, I need you to take a deep breath," Keigo guides me, clicking his tongue as he looks over the clothes that I haven't thought of wearing yet. The male smiling to himself as I wipe my eyes and take a deep breath, "Eat your breakfast, I'll handle your outfit,"

"How will I know you won't dress me in anything stupid?" I ask cautiously as I push myself to sit up onto my bed before sitting the tray in my lap to dig into my homemade breakfast that Keigo had made me, "You don't really have any sense of fashion... have you seen your hero costume? That fluffy jacket is no means a good thing,"

"Just eat your breakfast, I got this," Keigo reassures me, kissing my forehead gently before heading back into the closet to pull out some clothes, "Let your gorgeous fiancé handle your problems~"

Rolling my eyes, I relax against the headboard of my bed with a small hum. My teeth working through the two slices of toast and poached eggs with avocado. A small sigh of relief leaving my lips as I realise Keigo hasn't allowed my toast to get soggy with the egg. Lips curl into a smile as I swallow down more of my breakfast, watching as my fiancé pulling out some clothes and mutters to himself. His red wings flutter with his movements, the feathers beginning to grow back to their normal length.

After I finish my breakfast, placing the tray and plate back onto the nightstand, I look toward my fiancé who sends me a confident smile as he rests his chosen outfit on the bed. In front of me, staring at me in the face, is a soft pastel pink button - up blouse with a professional flair about it alongside a black pencil skirt that should end just below my knees. He then grabs some black high heels that are only an inch or so tall making me smile weakly as he encourages me to go and change into the outfit so he can have a quick once over and give me a final opinion.

Grateful, I kiss his cheek and take a deep breath. Shimmying into the clothes, I tuck in the cloud and look toward my reflection with a faint hum. My eyes rake over my appearance, turning around in it to see what it looks like from all angles and smiling when I look toward Keigo. The shaggy blonde grins from ear to ear, pride swelling in his chest as he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my cheek. Our reflection smiling back at us as my engagement ring reflects in the light.