Chapter 23

A small giggle echoes around the dressing room as I gently blend in the foundation for one of the models working today, a bright smile on my lips. My eyes focusing on the face of the model as I blend the foundation into the models skin, making sure that she has full coverage before grabbing the highlighter and brushing the makeup brush over her cheeks making sure that her cheeks covered with the highlighter before grabbing lipstick. The model puckering her lips as I gently brush the lip liner around the edge of her lips before brushing the lipstick over the flesh of her lips. Perfect.

Clearing my throat, I pull away and hand her the lipstick and lipliner I had used on her, sending her a reassuring smile as she looks up at me before looking at her reflection in the mirror. The girl humming in faint confirmation, indirectly telling me that she's happy with it, before pushing herself off her seat and leaving the dressing room for the photo shoot she has to attend to. A smile plays on my lips as I begin to pack up, placing the palettes back into the cabinet and wiping down the counter to make sure there's no powder left.

The smile on my lips never leaving.

Laying on my wrist gently, jingling with every move I make, is my bracelet. My charms tinkling against one another as I wipe down the sides. My new two charms that are the rare charms of Keigo's collection shimmering in the artificial light. The bracelet couldn't help but make me smile every time I looked at it. My insides would start fluttering and a giggle would leave my lips. I felt like a child at Christmas every time I looked at it.

The date the other night still stayed fresh in my mind. I don't know why but I couldn't stop the smile stretching across my lips. I couldn't forget it. The fun we had. The things we spoke about. The gifts. The food. My little surprise. The little revelation we had. It all made that night amazing. My first date ever and it was one of the best dates I've had. The date was amazing. Keigo and I flew home, shared a quick hug and peck on the cheek before separating.

Not before Amai gave him another earful. She wouldn't let Keigo leave until he knew how she really felt about him. Sure, she was over the moon that my bracelet was returned but she still decked the winged male.

Even thinking about Keigo now makes a giggle leave my lips. My stomach turning in knots as the butterflies flutter around. I could feel my cheeks slightly warming up as I place everything in its place. Having his wings wrapped around me made me feel at home, made me feel safe. I couldn't believe it. How the date never left my mind. How I couldn't stop thinking about our date.

I couldn't wait for our next one!

Leaving the dressing room, I head down the hallway and smile gently toward some of my co workers as I head toward the break room. My fingers delicately fiddling with the charms of my bracelet as I walk into our break room and grab the kettle filling it with water, turning it on with a small hum. A smile on my lips as I look at my charms, looking toward the rose charm that my father had put on there (it used to be my grandmothers favourite flower).

Each charm represented someone close to me. The rose for my grandmother. Another flower, peonies, to signify my mother. A star to represent Amai. A halo and a pair of wings to represent my father. I had my own charm, my birthstone. Now having Keigo's charms that he bought too. Hopefully, when I have children or nieces and nephews I can add charms onto it too.

As the kettle dings, I pour the hot water into my noodle cup, humming gently as I mix the noodles with the water and sit down on the bright red couches. A smile on my lips as I check my phone, giggling when I notice that Keigo changed my lock screen. It wasn't a picture of Angel anymore (which was now my home screen).

It was a selfie of the two of us that we took.

Keigo was the one that must have took it considering he was at the front of the photo. The male doing a peace sign toward the camera while I was beside him smiling happily with my head on his shoulder, pursing my lips as I was holding a peace sign too. He had a bright smile on his lips too with his arm around me. The pair of us having a great time.