Chapter 33

Giggling to myself, I fill a couple of bowls full of candy and chips and little snacks with a smile playing across my lips. The music already blaring out of the speakers in the living room and echoing through the house. My eyes raking over the treats to make sure that there's enough to last the girls and I for the evening, a hum leaving my lips as I pick up the bowls and head into the living room to set them down on the coffee table. A laugh leaving my lips as Rumi and Yui are on the bowls like a pack of dogs in a matter of seconds.

Sitting on the couch, with her toes in the air, was Amai. My older sister keeping her feet off the ground so she didn't affect the nail polish drying off on her toes while Rumi was rather awkwardly trying to eat food with nail polish still drying on her fingernails. The girl whining whenever the nail polish smeared and she's have to redo the nail polish. While, on the other hand, Yui was relaxing on the loveseat with a peel off mask painted all over her face as she flicks through her phone and munches on some chips with a hum.

Every month or so (depending on Rumi's and Yui's tight hero schedule), the girls and I would spend the evening in and just have a pamper night. Something to keep us relaxed and something to keep us entertained. A moment where we could just have some fun, let loose. Catch up on gossip. Have a laugh and watch cringeworthy romcoms while eating a buttload of takeout and fatty foods and everything else that we can get our hands on. The best thing:

No boys allowed!

To begin with, Keigo tried to join in on our girls night, saying that he can rock nail polish and a face mask but we politely turned him down because it was a girls night. So, instead of letting him stew in his madness for the evening, I offered him to look after Angel for the evening which he happily jumped at the opportunity. Keigo sending me a couple of selfies of him and Angel from time to time making me smile and save it to my phone (either for blackmail or to have as my home screen).

Slumping back into the couch, I roll my head toward Amai who's now sitting on the couch upside down with her feet hanging over the back of it. The girl sticks her tongue out toward me before opening her mouth for me to throw some popcorn into her mouth. Grinning playfully, I chuck the popcorn at her making her squeak and catch it with her tongue before sending me a toothy grin before shrieking as I throw a handful at her and the popcorn goes everywhere.

Amai and I had, somewhat, made up after the dinner incident. After spending an hour of her trying to convince me about how sorry she really was for putting me in a situation like that, I told her that she could only have my forgiveness if she does all the cleaning in the house for the next couple of months. I didn't just mean the hoovering or the dusting or the polishing. I meant cleaning the bathroom, changing the bedsheets, cleaning out Angel's bed and crate and even bathing Angel (which is a chore in itself).

She has to suffer to gain my forgiveness after putting me through that shit. I don't care how much she complains, she's doing it or I'm kicking her out.

Before I could get up, Rumi grabs my ankles and yanks them toward her making me shriek and laugh. My eyes widening as she grabs the light green nail polish with a playful grin plastered across her face. Trapping my ankle between her legs, Rumi uncaps the nail polish and begins to paint my toenails with a small hum. The woman laughing as I jolt every time she tries to touch my feet. I had extremely ticklish feet. I hate when people touch my feet!

"Rumi! No!" I squeal, giggling as she grabs my feet and paints my nails with a smirk on her lips. My legs trying to kick her off but she's stronger than me so I couldn't exactly have my way. My arms wiggle too as I whine biting my lip, "Rumi! I don't like my feet being touched!"

"Oh shush! It won't take ten minutes, calm down," Rumi says, laughing as I whine and wriggle under her grasp, "So~ How's you and lover boy?~ Still in paradise?"