Chapter 11

(From Clover's diary, since she just found out what I was doing.)

29th May 2019

CLOVER

"Oh my god, I want to try that!" I squealed excitedly at the sight of the gorilla costume Mike had pulled out of his trunk.

"Cloves, you're too small for it," Mike laughed, keeping the costume out of my arms reach.

"Well, you said that three years ago too. And I've grown taller, unlike your sister." I yanked the costume away from him and pulled it out of its bag.

Once Renee left for her room to talk to Truffles, Mike and I came up to the attic, since he wanted to reuse his old Halloween costumes for his prank videos. Halloween was always a big deal for him, even back then. He would plan out pranks, and we'd carry them out, scaring all the other kids.

Then when he reached high school, Mike would hire an empty house for the night and convert the whole place into a haunted house. Renee and I would help him out too, Renee making mechanical monsters, while I'd decorate the place. It used to be a hit in our neighbourhood, and very soon, people from other places started visiting.

I guessed the King of Pranks is a perfect name for him after all.

Mike meanwhile, picked up the shaggy gorilla mask and put it over his head. Then he headed towards me, growling like a lion and beating his chest.

Guy thought he was king-kong or something.

I rolled my eyes, pulled the mask away from his head and wore it instead, the eye holes resting on my cheeks. As I was adjusting the mask, Mike lifted me in bridal style, laughing at my shrieks.

"I've always wanted to carry King-kong, and now I've done it!" He cheered loudly, now spinning me around.

"Put me down!" I ordered, my hands grasping around his neck in a reflex, my sight was still obscured by the stupid mask. "King-Kong orders you to put her down!"

"King-Kong is a female?" Mike asked me. "That explains the temper."

"Hey!" I let out a muffled yell, throwing a few punches on his arms.

"Oww... Okay," Mike nodded, shaking with suppressed laughter. He placed me on the ground, and I heard him walking away, rummaging through his trunk.

When I finally pulled out the stupid mask from my head, I saw a zombie looming towards me, the whole face grotesque, with a large bloody nose and shaggy green hair.

As I shrieked, Mike laughed, before removing the mask and running a hand over his soft brown hair.

"This one's a bit too real," I nodded, my heart thumping loudly in my chest.

"It would fit you, it's smaller," He said, as he puts it on me.

He was right, the eye holes aligned exactly, and the mouth was also in the right position.

As I turned towards him, Mike grinned. "See, Cloves, I was right. This fits perfectly."

"Thanks, Mike," I replied, then growl like a zombie.

"I would be scared of you," Mike laughed at my face, "Except that I've never seen a zombie with such pretty green eyes before."

The blush came instantly, and I'm glad for the mask hiding my face.

"Watch it, mister," I said in a gruff voice. "You don't know what this zombie can do..."

"Hmm... Can the zombie give me a kiss?" Mike asked mischievously, his dark eyes flitting up to mine.