Chapter 47

15th August 2019

RENEE

"Renee, apparently they've already searched the Earthly Realm," Noah spoke telepathically. "Which buys you even more time."

"Good," I smiled, sealing the letter that I'd just written to Clover. It would reach her three days later, along with a bouquet and a get well soon card.

"I've uploaded the PDF onto a website," I told Noah. "It's called www.EnglishHomework.com."

"You're putting up the whole story there?" Noah questioned in disbelief. "Split it up, Ren. Don't put all your eggs into one basket."

"That's actually good advice," I grinned. "Okay, I'll change it."

A while later, Sam came up, looking curious that I'd called him up suddenly.

"This is the meditation stimulator," I told him, giving him the device wrapped up in gift wrapping paper. "Give it to me on the 18th, at 11 am."

"Can I ask why?" Sam questioned.

I paused. "Sam, the police are all over my house, trying to search for anything that would've led to my brother's death. And this device emits electricity, and I don't want it to be confiscated... And no, I didn't kill my brother, if that's what you're wondering."

Sam nodded like he'd understood. I gave him another letter along with it, another clue that would guide me in the right direction.

Once Sam left, I began to work on the PDF dividing it accordingly into sections.

It was nearly midnight when I was done. No one at home had bothered to check in on me, too busy with the media and Mike.

It was easier that way. It gave me an ample amount of time to focus because tomorrow I would be busy.

It was Mike's funeral after all.

*****

16th August 2019

Mike's funeral felt surreal like it held no meaning. My parents sobbed, and I cried too, not because I missed Mike, but because of the cruel reason behind Mike's death which no one would ever know about.

The LOLtube gang turned up, giving me sour looks like it was my fault Mike had killed himself. I had half a mind to put the police on their trail, but I didn't want it to backfire on me.

Clover had suffered enough. I didn't want them to lash out at her.

Seeing Mike's pink hair, artificially handsome face and calm smile did break my heart a bit. I had believed him to be my brother at one point, and Mike had occupied this body before he had left it for good.

However, despite this, I got the inexplicable feeling that it was all pointless and that this wasn't an end to Mike's life.

Thankfully, the media had retreated, since the funeral was a sombre occasion. My parents were busy attending to our guests, and I wandered around, trying not to think about how I would be turning myself over to the ISA tomorrow.

I mean, I did miss Mike. However, my life was also at stake.

That evening, I went back to the Before Realm and informed Mike about the events. Although he was sad about his funeral, he was also impressed with his fans who had shown up.

Clover was furious at Possessed Mike's note, which had blamed her for his death. Despite the fact that I'd cleared her name with the police.

"He's determined to make my life hell," She muttered darkly.