Chapter 19

9th June 2019

RENEE

Once I found myself alone in the confines of my room, my eyes darted to Clover's grandma's book, lying innocently upon my desk. The book appeared moderately old, with yellowing pages and faded font.

Sure enough, the first thing that captured my attention was the abbreviation, MBTN.

Michael. Bianca. Timothy. Nicole.

Did it really stand for their names? Or was I looking too much into it?

However, Mike wasn't alive at the time the book had been published, and neither were his friends. The coincidence seemed highly unlikely unless he knew about the past.

Unless he knew about the Spirit Realm.

My eyes glanced upon the author's name, Sir Johannes. Was he still alive? Was there a way to track him?

And how did he know about the Spirit Realm?

I closed the book and stared at the blank ceiling, wanting to know and figure out more. There was just one piece missing in the puzzle, and somehow, my mind wouldn't budge off that.

Maybe Noah knew something about the MBTN. Maybe, he would see things differently.

Sadly, there were still four more days left for me to see Noah, and I didn't feel like waiting.
If only there was a way to see Noah now...

There was a way.

A highly dangerous way, but if it worked, not only would I get all my answers, but also see Noah.

As I close my eyes and meditate, I think about the place Noah had initially given me access to and had forgotten that it was still open.

The Spirit Realm.

And that was where I was going.

*****

The street was serene yet eerie, with not a soul in sight. I felt dizzy from glancing at the identical, perfectly aligned houses glaring at me from both sides of the street like they somehow knew that I was an outsider. Trees looked almost as straight as the sidewalk, and birds chirped at timed intervals, pecking at the same spot every five seconds.

The whole place felt like a highly realistic video game simulation, the perfection exaggerated.

I had usually visited the Spirit Realm during the night. This was the first time I was visiting during the day, and it looked a lot scarier than I had expected.

The last time I was here, a strange sensation had guided me towards Noah. It was like my intuition was telling me what to do and which turn to take.

However, I couldn't sense that feeling today.

I paused in my tracks, staring at a house that felt strangely familiar. My heartbeat raced, and I walked closer, wondering if Noah was inside.

And then I felt it, two hands gripping my shoulders and moving at supersonic speed, causing the world to turn into a blur. I struggled against my captor, but they placed a well-aimed kick against my abdomen, causing me to double over.

The person was still moving, and before I knew it, I was slammed into a wall. I felt my head hit the floor, and I tried to see if I was bleeding, but I instead saw stars.

And when the stars disappeared, I'm left with a black, soulless sky.

*****

When I opened my eyes again, I saw pale green eyes the colour of mint toothpaste glaring at me.