Chapter 35

31st July 2019

MIKE

I stood upon the seashore, watching the waves lash against the huge black rocks aiming to pierce the stormy grey sky. Dark clouds loomed in the distance, along with flashes of thunder and claps of lightning, reminding us of his mood he was in.

He was angry.

Behind me, Simon, Daisy and Violet sat upon the soft sand, waiting for me to speak. Despite having a luxury beach house, we preferred to stay at the shore. It was our way of disagreeing with him, our way of rebelling.

He didn't care about us anyway. We were just mere human bodies he and his friends could possess all the time.

"Are you going to tell us what happened? Or do we just sit here and make sandcastles?" Violet rolled her eyes, pulling me out of my reverie.

Right. I was stalling time, hoping that I hadn't messed up as much as I thought I had.

"I told Clover about being possessed," I turned towards them, hoping my face wouldn't betray my fear.

"What? But we weren't supposed to speak of it!" Daisy stared in shock.

"I didn't speak out loud, I'm not stupid," I groaned. "I was writing it down, and I told her not to speak..."

"With the stuff you were writing, she was bound to gasp, at the very least," Simon chided like I was a kid. Which I was. Because Simon was twenty-four, the oldest of us.

"That's exactly what happened. She gasped, and he knew," I admitted.

"What happened after that?" Violet asked.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "I'm assuming he's trying to make it look like a prank or something."

"Yeah, he is good at pranks," Daisy agreed.

Half of our prank ideas were given by him. He was some sort of expert in matters like that, deception and foolery, which had a way of entertaining people.
That didn't mean that I had to like him.

"Or maybe, he's trying to possess Clover, because she's unofficially a part of LOLtube now," Violet said, causing all of us to exchange glances.

"No," I answered immediately.

"That totally makes sense," Simon nodded appreciatively. "Which means that she might be in a near-death situation."

"Guys, stop. Why would he want to possess Clover?" I raised an eyebrow, hoping that this wasn't the case.

"Why did he want to possess your sister?" Daisy questioned me back.

We later found out that Renee's car accident was due to him wanting another person to possess. Something changed along the way when he realised that he didn't need to possess Renee anymore.

But did that mean he could be aiming to possess Clover?

"You know, if he wants to possess Clover, then she must be injured by now," Violet checked her watch. "You know, you can only possess people when they are near death..."

"Which means, that her Spirit must be here," Simon said.

"Wait, do you think he'd send her here?" I asked.

"Where else then?" Daisy asked, now getting up and dusting the sand off her dress. Violet and Simon got up too, exchanging a meaningful glance.

Whatever those two love birds wanted.

I shoved my hands into my pockets and followed them, hoping that nothing bad had happened to Clover. That she wasn't here.

That Clover's life wouldn't be damaged like mine.