Chapter 17

6th June 2019

RENEE

When I reached the Realm a week later, I could already see Noah waiting for me, holding a bulky book in his hand.

"Hey," I said, now sitting next to him and peering at the book.

"Hey, Renee," Noah said, looking up from the book. He looked tired like he hadn't slept for the past few days, but his smile was the same as ever.

"You look-"

"Exhausted? Fatigued? Dead?" Noah laughed, as he closed the book, and leaned back against the tree.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"That's because I am. The last time I was here, my boss found out. And he's been breathing down my neck ever since. Giving me extra spirits to collect, making me do his boring office work, all while snooping into my mind for the past week." Noah messed up his hair again. "It's been crazy."

Worry seeped into my head at his words, and I realised that he was risking a lot more than I did.

"Noah, for the last time, you don't have to-"

"I don't have to, Renee." He interrupted. "But I want to. This is my choice."

"You have a lot at stake," I pointed out, "And you don't gain anything in return."

"Who says that I don't?" Noah smirked, pulling out another item from his duffel bag. It was a notebook, with the name Isaac Whitford written on top.

I gave him a questioning look as he opened the book.

"Remember how I told you that no one had reached the White Realm in four hundred years?" Noah said slowly.

"Yeah. Because the ISA made it a scam." I replied.

"Exactly. Even now, no one knows the exact method of reaching the White Realm, because that information is hidden." He explained. "But, we have a theory in hand."

I glanced at the page he was showing me. The Portal Theory was written in bold letters, under which there was a detailed explanation.

"So the ISA tells us that if we live a life of meditation and sacrifice, we will eventually reach the White Realm," Noah said. "And that's bullshit."

I glanced up at him, but Noah doesn't notice me as he continued to speak.

"But here, there is solid proof that each Realm is a place. Which means that we'd have to physically go there with some sort of a portal." Noah explained. "And that, I think is 'reaching the White Realm'."

"Oh," I said simply, as my mind buzzed with questions.

"That's where you come in." Noah smiled. "The ISA can't find this Realm, nor can they track you. Which makes you a great subject to test this theory on. If you're okay with it, that is."

"I am," I answered quickly. "I want to be the first person to reach the White Realm in four hundred years!"

"That's great. Now let us get down to business," Noah grinned, as he opened the textbook.

"Today, we'll be learning about the fourth dimension."

*****

Noah told me that each dimension had a dimensional ability. Like a special power that was unlocked when I gained access to a particular dimension.

I'd already gained access to the fourth and fifth dimension when Noah gave me access to the Spirit Realm. However, I hadn't learnt to use my dimensional ability yet.