Chapter 45

10th August 2019

CLOVER

I had been in the hospital for ten days now, and the doctor told me that I was healing fine. Mom was relieved and even happy with me, glad that I was alright.

I wondered why she was suddenly being so nice. Ever since my dad had died, mom had been pretending like I didn't exist. Her reason being that I reminded her too much of dad, but it didn't make sense, not to me anyway.

"I don't want to lose you too," Mom answered when I confronted her. "Seeing you in a coma made me realise what a terrible mother I've been."

She pulled me into a hug, "I'm sorry for neglecting you so much, Clover. I won't do it again."

"Okay mom," I whispered, trying to keep my tears at bay and failing miserably.

"Now you're a star on YouTube," She beamed as she pulled back. "People are in love with you, Clover. They think you and Mike make the perfect couple."

I stopped smiling. I didn't want to be reminded of the pink-haired demon again.

Somehow, Johannes decided to possess Mike's body all the time, which is why Mike could never come back. He went around, pretending as if he were Mike, much to Mike's annoyance.

Right on cue, possessed Mike walked in, his eyes glinting evilly as he smiled at me. He looked as handsome as ever, even with the minor bruises that existed due to me throwing that vase at him.

"Hi Clovie," He showed off Mike's straight white teeth. "How are you feeling today?"

Murderous, I thought, but Mom answered for me.

"She's much better, Mike. The doctor said that she would heal soon," She grinned at me.

"Then we can resume our Tarot sessions again," He winked.

I didn't reply. I remembered offering to do Tarot card readings for Johannes as a way to save Mike, but now that Mike was practically dead in the Earthly Realm, I didn't see a point to that.

"I don't think that's needed," I frowned at him. "You didn't keep your promise."

He swooped down to plant a kiss on my forehead. One that brought bile straight up to my throat, and I backed away, repulsed. I hated him with every fibre of my being, and he knew that very well, that slimy, twisted old-

"I'm sorry," He said softly, looking at me the way my Mike did. "I will keep my word."

Mom excused herself, wiggling her eyebrows at me as she walked away. I'm glad that she was this supportive of my relationship, but I was also annoyed that I was left alone with him.

Possessed Mike watched her leave, and I took the chance to grab my boiling hot flask of tea.

"What?" He asked as he turned around, just as I poured it all onto him.

"Owww!" He yelled, his eyes watering from the pain. "You foolish girl!"

Served him right, evil Johannes, trying to touch me as if he were my boyfriend. I threw the flask at his head and sat boldly, as he recoiled from the pain.

"Don't you dare try to talk to me," I hissed. "I will not bother you if you don't bother me."

"You've gone too far, girl," His eyes watched my locket with distaste. "You will pay."

"I'm sorry, should I pay by cash or card?" I asked, trying to suppress my laughter. Mike's lame jokes were getting to me, and I couldn't stop myself from repeating them.