7: A normal date

Previously:
"Instead of one of us telling her we have feelings for her, we each see if she has feelings for one of us."  "We each take her out on dates, and the first brother that gets her to say that she loves him wins her heart fare and square." "(Y/N), a little friend of mine is throwing a ball. And I was wondering . . . Would you like to go?" "Thanks again for a great time." "Oh (Y/N), you are never going to lose me."

And here's your outfit:

how about we get rid of the headpiece, because that reminds me of my childhood

how about we get rid of the headpiece, because that reminds me of my childhood.😆

(Y/N)s POV:

When I woke up this morning, I thought about last night, it all felt like a dream. Until I looked to my dresser with a mirror, and my reflection looked like I still had the mask on. On my chair was the dress, the heels were next to the chair, and my desk had the gloves. I went and picked up the mask, "It wasn't a dream."
Knock knock.
"Ok think about this later time to get dressed for work."

🖤💀time skip💀🖤

I didn't tell Adrian about the date with his brother, it just wasn't the right time. He invited me to have lunch in his office—which we've done over a hundred times—and he said he had something to tell me. "So how have the souls been so far?" "Hmmm, boring, I think I beat my own record of collecting them fast," he said.
"Then maybe you should retire like your brother."

Adrian's POV:

I couldn't look at her, nor can I retire, because my reason to stay grows everyday, and is sitting in front of me. Here goes, "(Y/N), I was wondering, would you like to go on a date with me?" She was about to drink water, then she put the cup down. "A date?" She put a strand of hair behind her ear. "Yes, unless you don't—" "No no no I do." Unlike in the E.R. when she said she can't lose both me and my brother, here she realized what she said and covered her mouth. But not her cheeks, she was blushing red, but not as red as blood. "Ok how about we try this again," I said. "(Y/N), would you like to go on a date with me?"

(Y/N)s POV:

"One second." I had to drink water to not only process what he asked me, but to give him an answer. In the end all the H2O was gone, but I had an answer.
"Sure, I'd like to go on a date." "Great, how does tomorrow at seven sound?"
"Perfect," I said. "And speaking of time, I have to get back to typing, and you have to get back to taking souls." I picked up my lunch and headed for the door.
"Tell me more this afternoon ok."

💀🖤time skip🖤💀

Adrian's POV:

"I was going to tell her then but she walked out." "At least you told her in the afternoon," my brother said. "And really Adrian, a normal date? You think that'll win her heart?" "At least I'm starting off small." "Oh whatever, so when's the date?" he asked. "Tomorrow." He dropped dead on the floor. "You're joking right? Because every gentleman knows that you do not ask a lady out again till three days later. And our date was yesterday." "Well too bad, I didn't wanna wait any longer." I hope I don't have to remind him that we're both—literary—old enough to make our own choices. "Fine, but next time wait three to five days for the next date," he said. I stuck out my hand. "I will if you will."
". . . Deal."

💀🖤time for the date🖤💀

(Y/N)s POV:

Alright, nails done, and a new outfit from top to bottom, except the accessories.
Knock knock.
I opened the door, he had his hair down, a black and white striped shirt, with black jeans and jacket. If he didn't have spectacles on I would of thought he was his brother. "Adrian, you look, wow." "And you're wearing four bows this time."
"Well actually there's five, if you wanna count the one on my purse," I said. "Ha ha very funny, shall we move on with the date?" I locked my apartment. "We shall."

💀🖤at the restaurant/which looks like the one in The Fault in Our Stars🖤💀

There were trees with lights around them on the inside, it felt like I was outside, when the real outside was just out the window. We were on the third floor, and just outside the window on the horizon, was a city full of reapers. "It's beautiful," I said. "I guess so."

Adrian's POV:

What I was looking at right now looked more beautiful than the city—both human and reaper—outside under the stars. "So do you know what you wanna eat?" She asked. "How about we let the chef pick for us?" He also said he'd give me a discount if I got her to agree to that. "Sure," she said. "Great, and right on time too." Our waiter came with champagne.

(Y/N)s POV:

"So, a toast to first date," Adrian said. I should have told him . . . maybe next time. "To a first date." Not only did we let the chef choose our meal, we let him choose our dessert. It was an ice cream sundae that we had to share, we were soo full that we decided to go for a walk in a little garden. "Do you think if we actually chose something from the menu he would of cooked it?" "Oh he would of brought it to us and not leave until we ranked it one to ten," he said. "So true."
We got to the rose part of the garden, it was in every color, from snow white to raven black. "Adrian, where are you going?" He went to the black roses, picked one up—I was actually afraid he might get the thorns of death—and gave it to me. "For you madam."
"Why thank you. Hey I heard the black rose has a meaning down here."
"It does," he said. "It means no matter how dark you are, you're still beautiful inside and out." "That's beautiful." As he walked me back to my apartment I got a few shivers down my arms. "Here," he started taking off his jacket, "Adrian nooo, I'll be fine the rest of the way." It looks like he doesn't take no for an answer, he put it around my shoulders, "Now madam, let's get you home."

💀🖤at the apartment🖤💀

"Thanks Adrian, I had a great time, and I hope no one saw you take the rose."
"I'm glad you did, and I just want you to know that if you ever wanna ask me out on a date, that's ok with me." I gave him back his jacket, "See you at work tomorrow." "Yeah, see you at work," he said. When I shut the door I leaned back on it, with the rose to my chest, and my face felt hot.

3rd person POV:

When (Y/N) went into her room, she put the flower down on the dresser. She was thinking about both her dates all while she got dressed for bed, and while she put away the outfits she had on those dates. She fell asleep never realizing that the black rose was next to the green mask.