Chapter 4

Aylin Hatun

Noyan obviously was furious. He summoned me to his tent. I entered and sat down as he ranted on and on for an hour. I sat silently and listened not wanting to enrage him further. "Bayçu Noyan. The issue here is not your strategies nor your weapons, your issue is your men. They are not trained properly. Tangut is clearly not doing a good job otherwise we would have won against the stupid sheep herders" I started explaining once he finished ranting.

"You DARE tell me that my commander isn't doing a good job???!!!" He screamed at me and placed a knife to my throat. "I'm telling you the truth Noyan. Have you ever watched how Tangut trains your soldiers? He starts teaching them and then halfway through he gets distracted by the women you keep as company" I replied. What I said isn't a lie. Every time Noyan takes a woman by seducing her or forcing her and then let's her go in the morning, Tangut stops teaching the soldiers to gawk at the poor women.

Noyan frowned but removed his sword. "Tangut is training them now. Send the woman that was with you last night out and see what happens" I told him. He thought about it before summoning the woman and pushing her out after commanding her to walk by his training soldiers.

Aylin walked out of Noyan's tent followed by Noyan himself and Ulubilge who was muttering unbelieving curses to himself as he trudged along. It was not surprising as he and Tangut were friends and he was sure Borjigin was lying. The three hid behind a bush and watched the training soldiers. Soon enough the woman walked by hissing and wincing in pain. Tangut's head swivelled round and then the rest of his body and he began to gawk at her. He walked up to her and tried to seduce her as she stood helplessly and the soldiers watched, annoyed.

Noyan couldn't believe what he was seeing. His faithful commander, who did everything he asked without question, was ignoring his duty to seduce a woman he had kept for the night. Feeling infuriated and murderous, he strode over to the pair and drove his sword through the heart of the woman and then placed his sword under Tangut's neck.

Noyan

"So this is what you do every time I turn my head, huh?! I praise you in front of my army and all my other commanders and what do you do??? You ignore the duty I give you and prey on my women!!!" I yelled and spat in his face. He cringed like a coward and tried to deny what I witnessed. He writhed under my sword and begged for his life. I laughed and ordered my men to tie him up. They wrapped his arms and legs in chains.

I walked up to him and smirked before putting my favourite torturing toy (the fork) under his chin. "Move your head and it will pierce through your lungs and your throat" I warned grinning the whole time. Aaah! The wonders of torture! I then ordered one of my commanders to whip him. I turned to Borjigin and said " It seems like you were right. Now, you are in charge of my soldiers. Train them properly or you will face a similar fate" he nodded and I walked off with Ulubilge to find out if the spirits are angry at me.