Chapter 10

Aylin Hatun

He asked me to remove the mask! Oh no! What do I do? I can't remove the mask. Wait a second. Don't I change my face to look manly every day. What am I worried about? Honestly I'm so forgetful sometimes. And my long hair isn't a problem either because a lot of them do have long hair.

 Aylin slowly lifted the mask off her face  now confident he wouldn't be able to tell that she was a woman. Once her mask was fully off, she looked to see his reaction. His mouth had gone slack and his jaw was wide open almost touching the floor. " Well, well well. Now I know why you keep your face hidden, you're-" time seemed to slow down once he began his sentence and even Noyan himself was struggling to find the words to continue.

Aylin was beyond worried. Had she forgot to sort out her appearance after she went to meet Ertugrul? She silently prayed to Allah that she hadn't or he would probably kill her. A million thoughts rushed through his head and then...Noyan finally found the words to finish his sentence. "You're so handsome! No wonders you hide your face. I would too if I had a face like that and women constantly running after me all the time! I mean I've never seen eyes of that colour before. If only you were a woman! If you WERE a woman, I would have wedded you already now that I think about it" Noyan finally spoke. (Ik, ik this is dodgy but just roll with it, this was all I could think of and it's kinda funny imagining it).

It was now Aylin's turn to be utterly gobsmacked. Her mouth kept moving but she couldn't find any words. This was NOT how she expected this to go. Especially the last thing he just said. Ew. Even if she wasn't a Muslim girl and was any other girl she wouldn't want to be with him. She shuddered at the thought before remembering she actually had to respond to him. "Thank you Noyan" she said with a gruff voice. " May we return to eating now? I am quite hungry still and need to train the soldiers tomorrow" she told him. "Of course! Carry on eating. Oh and by the way I will be at the Carevanserai tomorrow. I am going to meet that fool Sadettin Kopek, so you will be in charge tomorrow. Feel free to do whatever you want after training" he replied before digging into his food once again. He ate like an a animal. Sometimes it was hard for her to believe he was actually human just by the way he ate. She smirked to herself though as she continued to eat, while picturing herself torturing Tangut. Once she had finished her meal, she excused herself and went to pray Isha in her tent before falling sound asleep.