Chapter 25

The Kayi Tribe

The people if the Kayi tribe were going about their business as usual and making the most of the last few days of summer. It was just gone noon so they were either praying or taking a break from their work. Peace filled the air for once and the Kayis seemed to be in a good mood. Suddenly, the drums began sounding throughout the camp, notifying the people of someone's arrival. The people gathered in the middle if the tribe outside the pavillion of their beys to find out what was going on.

As they watched carefully to see if it was friend or foe, they were shocked to see both. One of the guests, they knew as Shaykh Ibn Al Arabi but besides him there was a...Mongol?! The bustling people began to panic and the archers prepared their arrows but didn't fire in case they hit the Shaykh instead. Abdurrahman Alp had spotted the guests and had ran into the marquee to Alert the beys. "Bey! Bey!" He yelled as soon as he enteresd. "What is it Abdurrahman, why are you shouting?" Hayme questioned and the beys listened intently. "Shaykh Ibn Al Arabi is approaching, but there is a Mongol with him!" He exclaimed in a worried tone.

"What??? How can that be?" Hayme asked. Ertugrul said nothing but rushed out of the tent to see what was happening. Ibn Al Arabi and the Mongol had now stopped their horses and were dismounting them. "Assalam Alaikum, son" Shaykh spoke. "Wa Alaikum Assalam my teacher. Why are you with a Mongol?" Ertugrul asked him. Before he gave an answer though, the Mongol spoke. "Really, Ertugrul? You don't recognise you own sister?" Aylin questioned and removed her mask, revealing the snirk that was on her face.

Oh, how she loved making an entrance. Ertugrul smiled at her and said "Welcome Baçi. Clearly your disguise is so good that I didn't recognise you" he added. She chuckled a little and placed her hand on his head in respect. Then she headed into the tent led by her little brother and in that moment, she knew this was where she was meant to be.