Chapter 23

Aylin Hatun

I headed out to find Noyan criticising some of the weaker soldiers of Ögedei khan. I observed from a distance, the amused expression not leaving my face as they struggled to keep up. After a while, he called me over to practise and to show them how to fight properly. I smirked internally already knowing the outcome of this practise duel. Nevertheless, I walked over to him and got into my battle stance one of my swords drawn (I had to make it a fair fight otherwise he would be out in less than 5 minutes and they would call hkm weak and since Ögedei loves him so much he'll take my head for embarrassing Noyan).

He got into position aswell, discarding his usual small, twin bladed sword (if you can even call it one) and opted for a proper blade. I let him attack first and he lunged at me quickly, but I was quicker. I dodged out of the way and struck a blow which managed to pierce through his armour and slice his left arm open. His face held a look of pure shock. He grimaced and winced a few times before acting like he had recovered and attempted to lunge at me a second time. Again, I blocked the attack before returning  with my one of my own by ducking down and slicing his right leg.

He stumbled a bit and fell into one of Ögedei's guards, who caught him and pushed him back onto two feet. Suddenly, I was hit with a blow from behind. Confused and not expecting to be hit, I turned around to face a soldier who smirked at me, proud of the pathetic blow ge managed to hit me with. Angry at the interruption, i spun my sword around and stabbed him in the gut. He cried out in pain and i let out a bark of laughter and turned back to Noyan. His eyes were brimmed with tears of pain but he tried to attack me once again. His swing was so weak, so I blpcked ot easily and was about to strike another blow when someone grabbed my wrist. I turned to find Ögedei standing there and my eyes widened. " That's enough Borjigin" he spoke calmly and released my wrist. He walked up to Noyan and tutted at him before ordering his soldiers to get him a doctor and then called me over to him.

I strode over to him, sheathing my ssword and followed him into his tent. He sat down at one end of the table and gestured for me to sit opposite him. He was about to speak when some of his commanders walked in and sat with us. "Bayçu Noyan is also on his way. He is just getting his cuts wrapped and wished to dine with you all" a soldier told Ögedei Khan. "All right, he better hurry. While we wait, we will pray to Gok Tengri for giving us food" he responded. The soldier nodded swiftly to go and relay the message. "Gok Tengri, you are our Lord in the sky, we thank you for giving us food and helping us destroy our enemies" Ögedei said. Then he grabbed his spoon and began eating. I couldn't help but be disgusted by the way these mongol scum eat. Half the time i feel like throwing up, with the way they eat- like animals.

I stopped watching them all and began to eat my own food. Ögedei had sorted my food requests, so I wasn't eating anything haraam, Alhamdulillah. I read bismillah in my head and began eating and made conversation with everyone at the table. Shortly after, Noyan walked in and began eating too. "My Loyal Commanders! Ögedei shouted. "You have all proved how good you are and that you deserve your positions, especially you Borjigin. Congratulations! You are now my head commander!" He spoke proudly. I forced a smile to appear on my face and thanked him, before excusing myself to my tent so that I could pray Isha.