Chapter 22

The Kayi Tribe

Turgut

The Mongols have been silent for a while again. There has been no word from Aylin either. I don't know if this is a good or bad sign. Speaking of Aylin, there is something about her that draws me in I haven't known her for long but I already care about her. I didn't believe in love at first sight until I saw Ertugrul Bey and Halime Hatun but I am unsure if this is what I am feeling. Maybe I should talk to someone? But who? Bamsi and Dogan would make fun of me. Selçan? No. She is busy enough trying to keep Gokçe's focus on Tugtekin and not Ertugrul. The only other person I can think of is Aykiz Baçi.

With that thought in mind, Turgut headed out of his tent to see if he could find Aykiz. He found her quicker than be thought. She was working with the women of both tribe's to make rugs to sell for resources for their tribe. She wasn't talking to anyone, so he approached her to have a word. "Assalam Alaikum Aykiz Baçi, may your work be easy" he said genuinely. "Alaikum salam, Turgut Aabey, thank you. Is there anything I can help you with?" She asked. " Yes. Baji I was hoping to tell you something. Do you remember that woman who helped us against the Mongols?" He questioned her. "I do. What? Has something happened to her?" She asked suddenly becoming worried.

"No, no. Nothing like that sister. I think- I think I may be falling in love, Aykiz Baçi" he said stuttering a little. "Oh?" She smirked a little. " Well that's good for you. But you should make a move before someone else gets their eye on her or she falls for someone else" she added wisely. "You're right. Thank you Baçi" he replied happily and then left to find Doğan and Bamsi.

*****

 Mongolia, Ögedei's castle

Aylin and Noyan had finally arrived at the castle. The soldiers that they brought with them waited outside with others as Noyan entered followed by 'Borjigin'. They both walked up to a throne which was occupied by none other than Ögedei Khan himself and got on their knees before him. "Welcome, to  my castle my loyal commanders!" He spoke suddenly. "I am glad you have made it here! We have many important matters to discuss but first you may have a look around while my servants prepare us a feast" he said happily. Noyan and 'Borjigin' stood up and thanked Ögedei. Noyan headed out but 'Borjigin' walked up to Ögedei Khan.

"Excuse me my great Khan, I have some requests, if I may" 'he' spoke. Ögedei  nodded and 'he' continued: "these are just food allergies and preferences. I am allergic to grapes so I, unfortunately  cannot have any wine or anything with grapes in. And secondly, I don't like pork as it is always dry and it gives me stomach trouble" 'he' finished. Ögedei looked at Borjigin slight confused but then nodded anyways. "I'll inform my servants. You go and keep an eye on Noyan and my soldiers" he ordered
'him'. Borjigin thanked him again and headed out to find Noyan.