Chapter 15

*2 days later *

The Alps were prepared for the attack or at least they thought they were. Unfortunately, Aylin couldn't give them too much information including the number of soldiers or at least the number of weapons. She had also been assigned to a job by Noyan meaning she couldn't help from the shadows either. The only thing she could do for them now is pray that no one gets martyred.

When the alps sighted the Mongols approaching from the horizon, saying they were shocked at the numbers would be an understatement. The Mongols had managed to gather many soldiers, the size of a small army but big enough to completely destroy the Kayis. 350 men against only just 100 people in the Kayi tribe, more than half of which are women, children and elderly. Noyan himself wasn't present for this battle as he was confident his men could achieve their goal. The small army marched onwards as the Alps got into battle stances. What they didn't know was that some if the Mongols, around 20 or so, had snuck in from the side of the tribe and had begun grabbing children and then running off.

The children's screams alerted the alps and Tugtekin and Gundogdu sent alps to kill the group which should have given the Mongols an advantage. But as it was well known, the Kayis are the most skilled warriors in the land and could be ruthless when they needed to. As the Army came within 5 metres of the tribe's fence, the archers began to rain arrows down on them. The arrows landed in vital organs immediately killing 50 men with only two rounds of arrows. The Mongols however, did not hesitate and pressed on. They began attacking the alps with their swords.

*****

The battle raged on and surprisingly none of the Kayis died or had fatal injuries but they were starting to get overpowered. One Mongolian soldier managed to knockan alp to his knees and was about to slice off his head but luckily, Melikşah Alp shot an arrow into his skull first. Then out of nowhere the sound of horse shoes was heard throughout the battlefield and both sides stopped to see who was coming.

Soldiers from Konya had arrived. Around 150 men with more men pushing large catapults forward to assist the Kayis. They got within a good distance to easily attack and then the commander of the soldiers shouted "ALLAH HU AKBAR!!!" And with that the cavalry men charged forwards into the ongoing battle whilst some soldiers prepared the catapults. On command they released heavy canon balls that immediately killed Mongolian soldiers in the distance.

* 30 minutes later*

There were now only 10 Mongols left. The rest had perished at the hands of the Kayis and the soldiers of the state. 7 of those remaining 10 were killed on the order of Gundogdu and the three remaining ones were taken by Turgut, Bamsi and Dogan to be interrogated by Ertugrul. Victory was achieved and the Kayis were extremely grateful to Allah. Now that they had won they only prayed that they would find their stolen children safe and sound...