Chapter 12

Aylin had thoroughly enjoyed torturing Tangut. First, she had taken the log she found and beat him with it until she broke some of his ribs. She smirked as he tried and failed to hunch over and grab his side, he was tied to a post after all. Then, she got a knife and cut into his cheeks, making patterns all over. He hissed and tried to refrain from screaming. But Aylin didn't want to allow that, she couldn't allow that. So, she stabbed him in the stomach with both of her swords and twisted them one in each direction (clockwise and anti-clockwise). As she twisted them into him, he couldn't take it any more he screamed so loud, that she swore the people in China could hear him.

Satisfied with her work, she yanked her blood-coated swords out, drops of blood falling onto the soil and staining it. She studied his face and then smiled as his eyes began to shut. She kicked him once before turning around and walking around the camp, parading her weapons as trophies. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she thought that may have been a bit much but remembering all the valiant martyrs including some of her friends from her tribe, she knew it was worth it and it disappeared from her mind.

A/N: I know this chapter is really short but I am trying to think of what to add next and I am also revising for exams. Do feel free to comment if you have any ideas.