Chapter 20

Aylin stepped into the autumn sunlight and smiled. The serenity that strangely filled the mongol camp soon came to an end as she heard shouts from the Mongolian soldiers. Rolling her eyes to herself at their cries, she headed in the direction of the sound. She came upon a sight that she expected but hoped wouldn't happen, for her sake.

Tangut was pinning down a soldier that tried to sieze him and take him to Ulubilge. As she had walked up to the group of soldiers trying to save their fellow without Tangut slaughtering him, two of the soldiers had hurriedly sped to find Ulubilge so that he could quickly sedate him before Noyan came out of his tent. Tangut hadn't noticed Aylin yet so she uesd that to her advantage. She snuck behind him and put her dagger to her throat and pressed it to his throat.  He froze immediately and gulped. His neck moved as he gulped and the blade cut his neck slightly. Aylin would have gladly taken his head but she heard Ulubilge's footsteps behind her.

As he came into her line of vision she noticed a bowl that he was holding in his hands, smoke billowing out of it. She pushed tangut's head forward and stepped back but didn't remove her hand. Ulubilge then practically shoved his head into the bowl and force him to inhale the smoke. Suddenly, he fell to the ground and Ulubilge smiled his crooked teeth at Aylin. She nodded to him and heaved Tangut's body and chained him between two trees.

Aylin

I chained him between two trees, then moved back to see if I had done a good job. I glance at every angle and then unchained him before turning him upside down and chaining him again. I smiled at my handiwork and started to beat him again.

*30 minutes later*

Noyan finally woke up and exited his tent. He frowned at the mostly empty canmp before he remembered that he had commanded for  Tangut to be  executed. He rubbed his hands and smirked before briskly walking to the sound where he heard loud chatter. He walked up to 'Borjigin' beating up Tangut.

Noyan

The joy I felt when I saw Tangut getting beaten was unimaginable. "Borjigin! How long have you been at this?" I asked him. "just over 30 minutes now, Bayçu Noyan" he said and smirked proudly when he turned to face me. I grinned back at him before addressing my soldiers. "THIS IS what happens to traitors!!!" I shouted before pulling my sword out and slicing his head clean off. I had to bend down a bit as my second in command has turned him upside down for a more entertaining torture. His head fell to the ground and his body went limp. I cackled before grabbing his head and showingit to my men.

"Let this be a lesson to anyone who turns against me!" I barked at them. I threw the head to my servants who carried it away to coat it in wax so I can  hang up the head on a spike at the entrance of our camp. I turned back to Borjigin and called him and Ulubilge back to my tent for a celebratory drink.

A/N: the torture is similar to Mergen's