Chapter 14

Selçan

"Aykiz? What are you doing here?" I asked her as she walked in. My heart almost stopped thinking it was Gundogdu coming to shout at me. "I heard yours and Halime's laughter and had to know what happened. So tell me what happened?" She asked me. "Well, I was minding my business when that evil witch Aytolun tried to manipulate Gokçe again. Luckily, I stepped in just before she could reach my precious little sister. I dragged the woman to the side and we started having an argument. She said something offensive about me and Gundogdu so I slapped her hard across the face" I told her.

Aykiz burst into laughter and fell off her chair. Her laugh was so contagious that the other women started laughing too. Before they could try to stop to catch their breath, the tent's fabric was harshly pulled up and Gundogdu stormed in. The women abruptly stopped and Halime and Selçan quickly scurried out to give him and Selçan time to talk.  After Halime and Aykiz left, Gundogdu started having a go at Selçan and lecturing her

*The Dordurga marquee*

Ertugrul, Korkut Bey and Tugtekin were sat in the tent. Tugtekin as usual was trying to start a pointless argument because he is jealous of Ertugrul. As they continued arguing back and forth, the drums began to bang signalling a visitor to the tribes. The men waited and then Abdurrahman came running in. "Bey, Ibn Al Arabi Hazrat has arrived" he told Ertugrul. Ertugrul immediately stood up and hurried outside to meet his Shaykh. When he got out, Ibn Al Arabi was dismounting his horse and he smiled when he saw Ertugrul. "Assalam Alaikum, son" he spoke, embracing Ertugrul in a tight hug. "Waalaikum Assalam" was the reply as he returned it. Then Ertugrul led him to his tent so they could talk.

Ertugrul

I led my Shaykh inside my tent and shortly after we were seated Halime brought cold Ayran for us to drink. He gratefully took a bowl off Halime and took a few sips. Then he wiped his mouth with a cloth and placed the bowl down. "So, tell me son, how are you? How are your people" he asked me. "We are very well, Shaykh my people are happy as can be, Alhamdulillah" I answered. "How have your travels been, Hazrat?" I asked him. "Well, it has been long, but with the help of Allah, we managed. We passed from nearby Geyikili's cave and he gave us a message from Aylin daughter" he replied pulling out a little scroll of paper. My eyebrows furrowed as he handed it to me. Wasn't she going to send it to me or Turgut?

"She was worried the message would be intercepted and her cover would be blown" shaykh said as if reading my mind. "She has known Geyikli for a few years now" he said to me. I opened the scroll and read it aloud "the Mongols will be attacking within 2 days. They have heard of the crops you are growing and will try to steal them. Also, there are traitors in the Dordurga marquee and some amongst the alps. There are also two on their way to the tent. Be wary of visitors to the tribes, brother." My eyes widened at the last bit. How many traitors are there altogether and how does she know? Yes she is a spy but surely Noyan keeps her busy. Maybe she has people working for her? These questions kept circling my mind but I couldn't let these consume me yet, we had to prepare to an attack. "Abdurrahman!" I shouted. He came hurrying in. "Yes Bey?" "Tell my brother and Tugtekin to prepare the alps." He nodded and then ran out.