17. Together

Next morning, Shawn has a hard time hiding the smile he has on his face every time he remembers the events of the previous night. He’s watching a class next to Taylor and Charli, who keep looking at him like he’s gone insane.

 “ What?” Shawn asks when they both stare at him after they hear him humming to a song.

 “ You’re happy.” Charli simply says.

 “ Too happy.” Taylor adds, narrowing her eyes in suspicion.

 “ But it’s not your usual ‘I just got laid’ happy look.” Charli says, clearly confused.

 “ I almost want to say you finally got something you’ve been wanting for a long time.” His blonde friend says, raising her eyebrows.

 “ I have no idea what you two are talking about.” Shawn says before his eyes go back to the professor at the front of the class.

 He knew Taylor would eventually put two and two and figure it out what happened, but he didn’t feel like sharing what happened to anyone just yet. He was still pretty confused by his feelings, but of one thing he was sure: he needed to kiss Camila again. In fact, he felt like he might never be able to stop kissing her.

 That’s why when he entered the auditorium where they were rehearsing at the end of the day and saw her singing one of her duets with Luke, he felt like she was the only person in the room. Her voice had yet failed to mesmerize him anytime he heard her sing, but when the song ended and she noticed him there, the big smile she gave him left him wondering what the hell was this thing he was feeling. He didn’t even feel the need to punch Luke’s face every time he spoke to Camila. All he could see and think about was Camila.

 “ Care to join us?” Taylor asked him with a smirk when she saw the little interaction him and Camila just had.

 Shawn spent the rest of the rehearsal trying not to make it too obvious that all he wanted was to take Camila out of there and kiss her over and over. He sent her a text when they took a short break, asking her if she wanted to come over again and she immediately looked up from her phone and nodded with a smile. It felt like time had stopped and the hours wouldn't pass, but when it was finally time to leave, Shawn and Camila walked out together before Taylor could say anything.

 The drive to his apartment was quiet, just the radio playing songs filling the space, but Camila didn’t even sing along this time. There was a different kind of tension in the air, not the one they were used to. This time they both knew what was about to happen, but somehow neither of them knew what to say. He started overthinking if maybe she was nervous about it. Had she regretted the previous night?

 “ Shawn, you just drove past you building.”  Camila finally spoke.

 “ Shit.” He sighed, having to drive around the block again until he reached his building one more time.

 When they were in the elevator, Camila took his hand in hers and he felt his nervousness slowly going away. How could she have such an effect on him like that? And how did she manage to equally make him just as nervous? This girl was out of this world or he was completely going insane.

 “ So…” Camila said when they entered his apartment and sat down on the couch.

 “ So…” He repeated, not wanting to freak her out by going straight for a kiss.

 “ Are you going to kiss me or what?” Camila bit her bottom lip, looking into his eyes and making him chuckle. There she was showing her unexpected bold side again and taking him by surprise.

 Shawn immediately grabbed her face in his hands and closed the space between them with the kiss he’s been wanting to give her since he first saw her earlier. Her hands were on his hair in seconds and he realized he loved the feeling of her tiny fingers running through his messy curls. He made sure they stayed in a sitting position on the couch, not wanting to make her feel pressure to do anything if they laid down.

 Her confession the night before had caught him off guard for sure, not because he didn’t think she was a virgin, but because the idea hadn't even crossed his mind. That made him think he was being too eager with her and maybe he needed to calm down and let her set the pace she wanted. He was satisfied with just having her in his arms and kissing her lips if that was what she wanted, which his old self would have laughed about. Making out was never enough for him, but somehow Camila just changed that the second her lips first touched his.

 “ Can I stay here again?” Camila whispers against his lips and he nods his head. She had stayed the night before and fell asleep in his arms. It hadn’t been the first time, but he hoped it wouldn’t be the last either. “ Do you think we can actually watch a movie tonight?”

 “ Sure.” Shawn smiles before kissing her lips one more time and looking for the remote.

 They ended up never watching anything the night before, so this time, he made them popcorn and Camila chose a cliche rom com on Netflix. They only made it to half of the movie before her lips were on his again. He thought he might never get tired of her perfect lips and neither of them even brought up the question of what it was this thing they were doing. It was enough to just be together without questioning things for now.

___________________________

A/N: I think I changed the cover for this story a hundred times today before I finally settled on this new one. I didn't really like the old one, so I had to change it lol 🤷‍♀️
Hope you're enjoying the story!! 💕💕