23. Let Them Know

Shawn laughed at something Niall said, taking the beer in front of him and drinking it. They weren’t technically allowed to drink yet, but it was Niall’s parents restaurant, so he always managed to get them drinks when they were there. He looks at Camila, seated right next to him and has to resist the urge to put his arm around her shoulder. She had the most beautiful smile while talking to Taylor and the other girls about the play. His eyes stayed on her for more than they should and both Taylor and Charli caught him staring at her, so he cleared his throat and went back to focus on what his best friend was saying.

 It was hard not to stare at the glass of wine she was having everytime she took it to her lips, making him wish he could kiss her right there. That thought had been getting to him more and more lately. Maybe he should just kiss her in front of their friends, it wasn’t like they didn’t have their suspicions already. He also wasn’t sure when this whole keeping it a secret thing started, but maybe she preferred it that way since she never questioned.

 He watched a few minutes later when she stood from the table they were with their friends and other students from the play and walked to the restrooms in the back of the restaurant. He wanted really bad to give the same excuse and follow her, but would that look suspicious? Oh, fuck it! Everything they did lately was already suspicious, so he stood up and made his way to the back of the place, finding her standing with her back rested against the wall across from the restrooms.

 “ What are you doing?” Shawn asks in confusion, walking until he was standing in front of her.

 “ Waiting for you.” Camila shrugged.

 “ How did you know I was coming after you?” He asked, making her laugh.

 “ You’ve been staring at my lips the whole night, Shawn.” She kept laughing. “ You’re not being really subtle.”

 Shawn laughed with her and shook his head before placing one hand on her hips and pulling her body to his. He felt her wrap her hands around his neck as he connected their lips, finally being able to kiss her since he first saw her looking so perfect in her Cinderella outfit earlier that night. He kissed her slowly, taking his time while savoring her perfect lips and smiling when she tried to speed up. He loved how she would go from sweet to desperate in seconds, from shy to bold so quick he almost couldn’t keep up with.

 “ Don’t stop on my account.” Charli’s voice made them immediately pull away from each other, remembering Shawn that they were still at the restaurant.

 He watches his cousin laughing while leaving the lady’s room, walking back to their table and leaving the two of them alone again. Camila has her face red and he’s pretty sure he looks just the same.

 “ I guess it’s not a secret anymore.” Shawn whispers, looking down at her.

 Camila looks at him like she wants to say something, but she's not sure how to. She stays in silence for a few seconds, like she’s debating if she should say anything, and he’s about to ask her what it is when she finally speaks.

 “ Why does it have to be a secret?” Her voice is really quiet, like she’s scared of asking it, or maybe scared of the answer she might get.

 “ You don’t want it to be a secret?” Shawn asked confused, because he genuinely thought she preferred it like that.

 “ Of course I don’t want it to be a secret.” She whispers, looking down almost like she’s embarrassed of her answer. “ Are you ashamed of people knowing about us?”

 “ What?” He looks at her in surprise, reaching his hand to lift her face until she’s looking at him. “ I would never be ashamed of being seen with you, Camila.”

 “ Then why are we hiding this?” She asks and he starts feeling guilty because maybe he gave her the wrong impression of what he wanted.

 “ I don’t know.” He tells her, placing a kiss on her lips. “ But I’ll let everyone know if that’s what you want.”

 “ You will?” She smiles and he nods his head.

 “ Come on.” He says, taking her hand in his and interlocking their fingers before guiding her back to where all their friends were.

 He can feel their friends watching their hands, knowing Charli for sure told the rest of them about him and Camila kissing just a few minutes ago. No one says a thing to them as they take their seats and Shawn wraps his arm around her shoulder, pulling her as close to him as he can. He didn’t know not telling anyone had affected her this much, so he wanted to show her he didn’t mind at all that everyone saw them like this. He let his hand touch her hair, his fingers playing with a few strands as she turned her had to look at him. She smiled at him and he quickly placed a kiss on her cheek, making her blush because it was pretty clear people were paying attention to them.

 Taylor was smiling at them like a proud mother and Shawn had to roll his eyes at her to make her stop. No one made any comment that would make them feel uncomfortable, but he knew they would have a lot of questions for the both of them later. For now, though, he just made sure to show Camila affection the whole night and he felt really proud at how happy she looked, knowing he was one of the reasons she was feeling that way.