Chapter 10

❃ ❃ ❃

The days passed slowly and October came to an end. After what happened at the party my mom visited us to see how I was doing.

She was really worried. I hated seeing her like that. I told Kate not to tell her but she did anyway.

I spent the next days focusing on my studies trying to distract myself from my obsessive thoughts.

I'm currently driving to my secret spot, my favorite place. I haven't been there in a while. I park my sister's car and get out.

I sit on the edge of the cliff letting the cold afternoon breeze hit my face. The sun is slowly setting in front of me.

The beautiful golden color surrounds everything as the sound of the waves hitting the rocks plays like music to my ears.

A soft melody that I can not forget.

A melody that fills my heart with peace.

I love this place.

My phone starts vibrating in my pocket. I reach for it and I'm surprised when I see Kyle's name pop on the small screen.

Why is he calling me?

Kyle's POV

I get out of the shower and head downstairs to watch TV. My sister is still at work.

As I try to find something to watch, I get a notification from someone. I grab my phone and slide my finger on the screen to open the message.

I can feel my anger boiling as I read and reread the message. Is this a joke? Or is he for real.

'Hello son. How are you doing?'

I read the text my father sent me. What the fuck. I made it clear six years ago that I don't want to talk to him ever again.

And he's texting me now? The fucking nerve he has after what he did. He never cared about us. Never will.

I take the bottle of whiskey my sister keeps for our guests and I take a sip.

I'll never forgive him. I ignore his message and before I can think, I'm dealing Heaven's number. I take another sip from the bottle.

I need to talk to her. I want her to make me feel better. What's wrong with me? I'm not myself. As I'm about to hang up she answers.

"Hello"- I hear her soft voice say before I can hang up. Should I just hang up. Why did I even call her in the first place.

"Kyle why did you call? Is everything okay?"- she asks when I don't respond. -"Hey, uh, yeah everything's fine"- I lie.

"Are you sure? You sound a bit off"- she says. Do I really? I don't know if I should tell her but I don't know what else to do. I'm angry.

"I lied, everything is not okay. Do you think you can come over? I need yo- I mean, I need to talk to you"- I face palm myself at how pathetic I might sound.

"What's wrong?"- she asks through the small device. She sounds worried. Is she concerned about me?

I take a deep breath, -"It's my dad"- I say.

Heaven's POV