Maze

Nearly five years on earth and still Maze wasn't tired of Lucifers piano or his singing. It meant he was in a good mood. So that day when she made it back to their home away from home, exhaust, sadness, and a general homesickness clouding her vision, the sweet sound of the piano hit her ears, and despite everything, a smile played across her lips. She came down the stairs and tried not to stare at her king. 

"Hello Maze," Lucifer greeted when she reached the bottom of the stairs. His eyes were closed but they'd been around each other long enough for him to recognize her footsteps. 

"Hey Lucifer." Maze sensed she messed up as soon as the words left her mouth. Lucifer's fingers slowed and his eyes opened, 

"Now now Mazikeen, that's no way to greet your king." Maze forced down another smile, she loved it when he got like this, it reminded her of how he was at home. 

"Apologies my king." A wicked smile broke across Lucifer's face. Maze moved quickly to his side, handing him a glass of whiskey. She felt it in her bones when he relaxed and returned to playing the piano lightly. 

"Be a good little demon and sit next to me, Mazie." She did as told. If Lucifer was anyone else, she would've kicked their ass so hard their spine popped out of their mouth like a human Pez dispenser. No one told her what to do. No one but her king and he barley did that anymore. 

Lucifer didn't have much to discuss with Maze but he could sense her anxiety after going out. Maze always seemed most comfortable when he was ordering her around so that's what he did. Not that he would ever let her figure that out. 

Meanwhile, Maze had forgotten her earlier worries and lost herself in being a servant. It was odd really, that being ordered around by Lucifer calmed her. It didn't really fit her personality at all. Of course, a personality is something she'd only realized he had in the last five years. She was pulled out her thoughts by Lucifer suddenly standing from his piano. 

"Maze, darling, run out and let the boys know it's time to open." 

"Yes, My lord." Much to her surprise, Maze ran into a human in the hall. A blonde woman, kind of short, but a big presence. She glared at her, 

"We're not open yet, human." The woman pulled out a badge, 

"LAPD, I'm here to speak to Lucifer Morningstar." Maze led the woman into the big room, 

"Lucifer, LAPD. Want to me to get rid of her?" 

"That's alright Mazikeen, just have the boys open." 

"Yes sir." She turned on her heel and left, shooting the police officer one last glare. 

When Maze returned to the bar, she was surprised to find the woman not making out with Lucifer. She caught a bit of their conversation as she moved to the bar, 

"...like to play cop, do you?" 

"I like to play to play in general, Detective." Maze rolled her eyes. Why would her boss waste his time talking to a human. She furrowed her brows as the woman turned on her heel and walked away, leaving Lucifer stunned. He got over it quickly though, finding a random person to make out with. Maze called over a human bartender, she was due for some pleasure after the day she had. 

Days went by and Lucifer became increased obsessed with Chloe Decker and the LAPD, resulting in him ignoring her. That's why Maze decided it was time to go home. Lucifer saved a human life. He saved two human lives. Before she knew it, he was bleeding. That was the last straw, 

"Lucifer, we've had our fun here but this," she gestured to his leg, "can't happen. Tell me we're going home." But Lucifer refused. He thought his knew pet detective was iNtErEsTiNg and he wanted to spend more time with her. Maze needed to put a stop to it. 

A/N Hi, I have major writers block but this has been in my docs for a while and it's not even close to finished but I figured I'd put something out bc it's been a while. Okay, bye.