The Blush

Chloe was just reading. She was just sitting there and staring at a bunch of paper. But Lucifer couldn't help it. He couldn't tear his eyes away, because when Chloe reads, it's like she's a whole different person. Her face relaxes, and displays every emotion she feels when reading what ever's on the page. Lucifer is a sucker for a worried looking Chloe because she furrows her eyebrows and sucks her in her bottom lip and, fuck, Lucifer just wants to kiss her so so so bad. 

He doesn't dare interrupt. It's especially cold out right now so Chloe has one of her jumpers on and she's got the sleeves wrapped around her hands so only her finger tips are sticking out. The snowy light from the window she's leaning against is illuminating the side of her face and making her hair look full of starlight and her eyes more icy than usual. 

Lucifer finds himself wishing he kiss every single freckle that dusts across Chloe's chheks- because, honestly, if he could he would. Chloe must have read something that she liked because suddenly, her hand comes up to her cheek and she bites back a smile, clutching the book closer to her and Lucifer is a goner. He's a fucking goner and he doesn't know why he didn't realize it sooner. 

Because there's a blush creeping across Chloes' cheeks and Lucifer realizes that all he wants to do in this world is make her blush like that. All he wants in this world is for Chloe to look at him like she's look at that book- 

"Lucifer. Lucifer,"  Lucifer hears Mazes' voice but he doesn't look- he keeps his eye trained on Chloe across the room. 

"Lucifer, are you alright?" and Lucifer doesn't even respond because his revelation is still washing over him. 

"Lucifer..?" and he just bites his lip, smiling at the way Chloe is now wide-eyed, staring at whatever is happening in the pages. He leans forward, dropping his head onto the bar, raising it, then shaking his head. 

"I'm so in love with her, Maze." 

and Maze is silent. Silent for so long that Lucifer actually looks at her to see if she even hears what he said when...

"Well it's about time..."