I wait

Gladion's POV
"I guess this is goodbye." (Y/N) smiled softly at us with her bags in her hands. "I guess it is." "Already, already [̲̅I] [̲̅w][̲̅a][̲̅i][̲̅t] to encounter you guys again. It was really nice meeting you both, Lillie and Lusamine. I'm really grateful Lusamine you were so motherly towards me, it was really nice." That one sentence shattered my heart. Mother was crying as she nodded. "I wish- I wish you were my daughter-in-law." She tried to wink at (Y/N), but tears were keeping her from it. I felt a small blush on my cheeks, but decided to ignore it. She came close to me, her face close to mine. "Gladion, you're blushing.~~" She whispered in my ear. My 'small' blush increased rapidly as I turned around quickly. "No I'm not." She giggled and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Well then, I'll be leaving. If you ever need a helping hand, I hope you reach out to me and I'll happily give it to you." She started to walk away, while I just stared at her. She suddenly turned around and looked at me while walking backwards. "Tell the guys I said bye, and I hope you like it." She winked at me then turned around and continued walking normally.

I went to back to my room, my chest felt heavy, I swallowed the lump on my throat. I feel weird. Like I'm missing something, like I need something. I decided to sleep it away. I walked to my bed and saw a pokeball on it. "What's this?" I opened it and saw a wishiwashi moving and jumping around. I called it back and then released it after filling the bath with water. It had a thin rope tied around it's neck with a small bottle hanging from it. I opened the bottle and took out a piece of paper inside it.

'Do you like it? We can communicate like this. I had caught it for you when we traveled together, but I forgot to give it to you before we parted ways. It seems like fate doesn't want us to be together.'