CH 18 The Meal

The day quickly passed into night and currently... Silence fell upon the campfire.

"So, we meet again.", Mazi broke the silence.

Izzy greeted, "Nice to meet you...?"

"Mazi.", Mazi said with a smile. "And this is Drogo."

"The bully.", Jean added with a pout face.

"Tsk! Brat..." "Now, now Drogo be nice to kids!", Mazi chuckled while patting Drogo on the back.

"I didn't even see a naked man...", Izzy pouted.

"Let's not go into that subject anymore mkay Izzy?", Ricky suggested.

After some introductions here and there and some awkwardness, our bellies were signaling for food. "So, do you guys have any food?", Drogo politely asked. "Tsk! Why should we give you food bully!", Jean insulted."Was I facing you when I was talking?!"

"Um...", Izzy spoke up. "We don't have any food. But! We can work together to gather some food!", Izzy insisted.

"Hrm... Izzy right? Yeah, I think Izzy's right everyone!", Mazi agreed.

"Since when did you started to sound like a leader.", I mumbled.

"Then why aren't you acting like one?", Mazi smiled.

"Err..."

"Oh yeah! We were planning to form a guild! Then make Ruka the leader!", Ricky exclaimed.

"Gasp! The Vultures!!", Jean hollared.

"What? Ruka in a guild and as a leader?", Mazi wondered.

"You got a problem with that?", I glared at Mazi who smiled instead of being afraid.

"Then you should practice being a leader right now!", Mazi stood up and pulled me up with him. "W-what?!"

"C'mon great supporting leader what shall we do for survival?!", Mazi asked in a military stance.

"U-um...", I stuttered but I soon took in a deep breath and, "We will be in groups of two! Ricky and Izzy you guys will be in charge of looking for fruits and berries!" "Got it!!", Izzy and Ricky agreed in unison and ran off.

Then I commanded the next group. "Then Drogo and Jean! You guys will look for meat! Any kind would do!" "Ey?! But senpai!! This guy is-!! You know!! You were there and saved me!! Please!! Let me be your partner!!", Jean complained.

I declined, "No. That's in the past! Maybe he has a change of heart!"

Drogo looked as if something had stabbed him. "Urk! Maybe? That hurt..."

I focused on Jean once more. "People change Jean!! People don't stay as they are forever!! Get it through your head! I'm different then the past aren't I?!" "But-" "No buts!! Now go!!"

Jean had a depressed look on his face. I felt bad maybe I was too harsh on the little guy.

"Hey Ruka don't look into it too much okay? You were right. People do change.", Mazi smiled directly into my face causing me to blush and look the other way. "Ruka?", Mazi called but it caused me to realized that 'that' was the third time he had called me by my name. My faced blushed red and Mazi noticed and backed a few feet away. I took a peek at Mazi and noticed he was blushing a little too! What is this blush fest?!

"Ahem! Ruka what do you want me to do?", Mazi asked. "Um... Right... Uh..." I began to regained my confidence in leadership. "You're gonna help me with cooking!" "Huh?"

I took air in and out multiple times and admitted the truth. "I DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK!!", I hollared.

Mazi had a shocked expression on his face. "The truth is I suck at cooking! They usually end up brunt or missing an ingredient or I maybe even create an unknown existence life form!! So I beg you!! Help me!!", I pleaded. "I know you're a guy but-!!" I suddenly grabbed the collar of his shirt. "A guy is better at cooking then me!!"