CH 2 The World of Swords

As I opened my eyes, I saw the sun, it's rays shine upon me. I don't recall being daylight outside. I sat up and took a look around. It seems I was on a field, surrounded by trees in the background. There was a river glistening nearby. I walked over to the river and dipped my hand into my reflection. The water felt real! I realized that this wasn't a dream or maybe it is and it just all seems real. Am i hallucinating?

Then I was suddenly transported to what seems like Dim City! I was in a crowd, surrounded by people with confusion.

Thunder crashed, roared, and a big screen monitor opened in front of our eyes. A mysterious man with his face covered in a clown faced mask.

The man spoke with a deep voice, "Hello and welcome. It's a surprised to see Dim City up close isn't? It's almost as if it's real. Oh wait it is real! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!"

Then a mysterious woman with too a clown faced mask appeared and said in a deep voice, "You were once controlling your avatar. Now it is your turn to experience the world of Dim Knights Online to the fullest!"

Then people started spoating comments such as, "Why are we here?!" "I don't want to be here!!" "Take me home!!" What if we die!?!"

The mysterious woman chuckled and said, "If you die here you'll be sent back to your world."

A woman suddenly pulled out a dagger and stabbed herself multiple times, leading to her death. A beam of light shoots down upon her and disappears along with her.

"But you'll also die in real life!! Muhahahahahaahhahaaaaaaaa!!!!!", the mysterious man laughed.

Everyone started to freak out and crying, begging for mercy.

I try to think this is all one big nightmare, but my body shook uncontrollably.

"If you all want to live, participate in the DKO tournament! Although, it may only cost you your life!! Ha! Ha! Ha!", the mysterious woman laughed as the monitor disappears.

No one has ever won the DKOT before! Will anyone be free of this nightmare!?

After a few hours of everyone calming down, I thought about what I should do. I had no ideas... The thought of dying was too harsh and deep. No, I must beat the game. I need to level up and sign up to the DKOT! Being lost in deep thought, I remembered that Izma might have been sucked inside the game too! I have to find her! But the problem is, I don't have any idea where she might be! Although there was this one place she felt at home...

I transported to Pricident Town and roamed around town, looking for new equipment from the starter money that I had. I bought a light reddish warrior sword for 2000 gens. Then I went to fight some slimes near Woppy Doo Swamp. I entered Woppy Doo Swamp for some pieces of Woppy Doo Teddies. It was a struggle but I've managed to collect the parts of the bears. I gave the teddy bear pieces to a lady in town for some gens and xp. In other words, I completed a quest.

It was evening, or so it seems. I needed a place to sleep. In town, there was a hotel that says "One stay=1000 gens!" It was obvious it was too much. I searched around for more, but there were too expensive. I thought that it would save money to sleep outside. So, I sat on the concrete and laid back on a wall. I managed to earn 10,000 gens today. I wonder if mom is doing ok with her children gone. I sighed flashing back the memories of dinner. Zai is probably not in the game since he had to go clean up, Zai sure got lucky. I closed my eyes, seeing how tired I was. Until...

"Ey!! Give us all your money!! Kid!!", some buff guy said.

"I can't! It took me too long to get this much!", a high pitched voice squeaked.

"But your too weak! It would be impossible for you to even enter the DKOT! Your only level 10!", some scrawny guy said.

"You'll be better off dead!! Or just sit around and let your seniors do it!I It'll be better off anyways! Small guys like you are bait to this world! Now hand us the money!", the buff guy demanded.

The buff guy started punching and kicking the kid. Seeing this pissed me off. I stood up and walked over to the guys.

"Hey lazy asses! You think your all tough and can do what ever you want?! Pick on someone your own size!!", I said irritatingly.

The guys gazed in my direction and started walking towards me, but I wasn't scared of these pussies.

"You chose the wrong people to mess with girl...", the buff guy warned.

"Ha! Ha! You're only level 15?! You think you can act all tough to us too?!? Girl! We're level 38!", the scrawny guy laughed.

Smirked I attack back with, "Levels don't matter, what matters is skill."

"What'd ya say girl?!? You wanna fight?!?", spouted the buff.

"Sure, but if I win you stop bullying this kid. If I lose you can take all our loot."

"What?!? You don't stand a chance against them!!", shouted the kid.

The buff grinned, "Hmpt! Agreed!!"

A screen pooped up. "PvP with Drogo. Do you accept? (YES) (NO)"

I tapped yes and a health bar of both of us shown above us.

'Drogo' pulled out a giant red ravager axe with spikes around it from his inventory.

A timer counted down 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... START!