CH 4 Black Death

Looking at my surroundings, I decided to admit it, "How did you know?"

Cheerfully the kid stated, "I knew it! I used to be a big fan of 'The Slayer' so I started observing of what and how she fights! You moved exactly like her! But why did you start a new account?"

I sighed at the thought of having a fan that I didn't know about for 8 years... I replied back, "Well you did hear the rumors back then didn't you? ... I despise them. It would freak everyone out if 'The Slayer' came back right?

The kid declined, "No! They wouldn't! Well maybe some will but, your fans missed you!! I missed you!"

I thanked him and then asked him what else did he want from me.

"I want to go with you!"

I didn't quite understand the answer so I asked him, "What do you mean by that?"

The boy told me, "I want to train with my idol and become useful to her!!"

I chuckled at him and stood up.

I ordered, "What is your name, age, and tell me what is your favorite thing to do!"

The boy reported, "Jean Iggs! Age 14!! I love to stalk my idol 'The Slayer'!!!

I couldn't help but laugh at how idiotic he sounds.

"Senpai! What is so funny?!?", said Jean in a military voice which made me laugh even harder.

After some entertainment, we started training right away while traveling to Feturling Town. Jean soon leveled up from 10 to 18 and I've level up to 21. Jean also has a total of 13,408 gens. While I have a total of 20,619 gens.

Jean wandered, "With the gens you have now, what are you going to spend it on?"

I addressed back, "Well, I might buy some new equipment for armor or buy a new sword or upgrade my current one."

Jean suggested, "Maybe you should upgrade your current one! Then when its reached its maxed you can buy another one and upgrade that one and use two dual swords in a match!"

"I admit thats a pretty good idea..."

Jean smilied brightly and giggled.

"I have a question Jean. Do you think we should join a guild? For safety?"

Jean looked puzzeled for a sec, but exclaimed, "Never! 'The Slayers' never join other's guilds except ourselves! We go solo!!"

This isn't exactly like solo but its true. I never really teamed up with anyone before. Except that one time where I was forced into a guild...

"Senpai look! Its Feturling Town!"

Just like that our stomachs are screeching for food. We stopped by a ramen shop and ordered some ramen. 100 gens for each large bowl size, 50 gens for each medium bowl size, and 30 gens for a small bowl size. I was concern for Jean ordering a large bowl while I was ordering a medium... But in the end he ate it all...

"Where to now senpai?", Jean asked.

"I guess to buy some new equipment for you. Then after that, we'll go buy some spells and such.", I suggested.

So, we headed towards a armory shop. There were many options to choose from and I suggested what kind Jean should get. While Jean is wandering what style to choose I wandered around looking for some new armor as well, since I was still wearing my starter uniform...

I bought a white shirt and over that a half black shirt, with a brown over coat. For my bottoms, are black pants with a shiny gold belt around it, and my white socks have gear to put a dagger or something like a dagger to attacked to people. Then there are my brown boots. All in all, they costed me 5000 gens and these clothes are really heavy!

Jean bought a red shirt with a purple vest over it, then a turquoise scarf conected to his neck to hips and can be used as a belt, then he had blue pants with pockets all around them, and his black socks and shoes. Which costed him 3000 gens!

Now that we've bought some proper armor, we settled out to Feturling Dungeon to battle the level 20 dragon. Along the road, we've stumbled across a black merchandiser.

"Maybe I can interest you two to some gold?", chuckled the black merch.

Ignoring the merchandise, I walked on.

Interested Jean exclaimed, "Whaaaa?!? Gold is so rare!!!"

"It'll only cost a level 6 sword..."

"What are you serious?! Deal!", excitedly Jean pulled out his inventory menu.

"Jean! The gold is fake! Look around it!"

Jean did what I ordered and the gold wasn't 3 dimensional!

The man laughed, took off his hood, and all around us were other players, ganging up on us.

The man's face had a mark on his forehead saying he was from the Black Death guild! The guild was famous for tricking players into trading goods and use their goods to kill the player. Although, they were foiled by me everytime, even when I was 'The Slayer'.

The gang moved closer and closer with weapons armed. The weapons were weak but there were many of them, probably 20 men. Me and Jean were back to back. I had a plan but it might be risky. I needed Jean to stay where he is and have the gang's attention on him. Then I'll sneak behind them all and attack them one by one! But first.

I took out a pouch of smoke powder and threw it to the ground. Smoke appeared everywhere and I sped through the gangs with silent motions. It took about 30 seconds for it to clear up. Jean was surprised that I've ditched him and probably thinks that I betrayed him. Sorry Jean.

"Looks like your girlfriend cowardly ditched you kid!", the man declared. Then ordered to come in even closer. An attack laid on Jean. He successfully dodged it, but a behind attack struck him to hit the ground. One by one, men fell to their knees. I stabbed each men, with a level 5 magic Parazonium with a paralyzing spell, on their backs. Taking them out one by one I counted a total of 23 men.

Then I included, "24." While staring at the leader who shivered in fear. Who then drew out two level 6 Zweihanders in both hands while I ready my dagger set to poison. I charged at him with the speed of a blink, yet he wasn't fast enough.

I stabbed my dagger on his back and the poison took a couple minutes but it soon sunk into him.

"Senpai!! That was amazing I didn't even have to do anything!!", cried Jean.

I exhaled out, "I've had tougher situations than this before."

Just like that, a cry echo out of a dungeon so Jean and I followed it leading us straight to the Ferturling Dungeon.