CH 5 Fast Break

Sticky and wet. The dungeon echoed with the cries of monsters sung back an forth as we kill who interrupts us. Currently Jean is level 24 with 10,576 gens and I am level 29 with 15,947 gens. It was still a long way to go until we reach the tournament levels of survival. We will fight many battles against bosses to raise our states highly and I also plan to find Izma, I wonder how she's doing. I hope she's okay...

"Senpai!! Look!!"

Jean spotted a chest behind a rock, when he opened it skeletons jumped out and attacked us. More and more skeletons appeared as they all crawl out of the chest, one by one. Back to back we took out the skeletons and closed the chest from letting out any more. After that we heard a cry of a girl nearby.

We've found her but her health bar was below 25% and she was surrounded in a mob of skeletons curled up as a ball. I picked up a rock and threw it at one of the skeletons' head which triggered all the skeletons to come towards me. I pulled out my Parazonium and set it to a fire spell. Meanwhile, Jean gave the girl a potion which increased her health bar 75%.

"Oi! Are you okay?!", Jean implored.

The girl's eyes were barely open but she wouldn't spout a word, instead she nodded.

Just that, skeletons were burning in flames as I sealed my dagger away. Picked up the girl and ran off, with Jean following behind.

We took cover behind a big rock The girl's lids were shut and I've noticed she was holding something. It was an egg, a red-purple ish egg. It might be hers but until then we had to keep watch of the girl.

Jean and I prepared dinner. Today's dinner was beans in a can with bread... We don't have any cooking utensils or know how to cook. Someone who knows how to cook in situations like these are sure lucky.

We've left some leftovers if the girl wanted any when she wakes up. To pass the time, Jean and I started talking about our lives in the real world.

"Senpai!", Jean exclaimed.

"Just call me Ruka..."

Jean thought about for a moment then, "Ruka-Senpai!!"

"That's b-? ... Just say whatever you want Jean..."

"So! Senpai!! How old are you?", questioned Jean.

"I am 17 years old and I'm in my 3rd year of high school."

"Wooah!! Is it fun?"

"... It's pretty fun...", I hesitated.

"So you were 9 when you started this game! Man! That's why you're so amazing!!", Jean was amazed. "Gasp!! Senpai!! Do you have a boyfriend?!"

Surprised I said, "Um... I don't..."

"How about in game?!"

"No..."

"Phew!! Then you're single?!"

"Yeah, but enough about me. What about you? How's your life?"

Thinking, Jean told a story. "I was born on June 19 at 4 am in the morning! My parents got divorced when I was 2, so I lived with my mom. Then my mom remarried. The man didn't like me though... Then they had a child! And I had a little sister!! Who also hates me... Then in 5th grade I started stalking you! I've never had a girlfriend before... So, I'm free!!"

Fascinated I applaud, "Must be nice having a little sister though. I have an older brother who also plays DKO and an older sister too!"

Interested Jean asked, "Is your brother stuck inside this game too? And does your sister play DKO as well?!"