CH 6 Doctor A

My heart skipped a beat. Black and white shown. My head felt as light as a feather. Then the next, I ended up on a bed staring at an unfamiliar ceiling.

My arms, legs, shoulders... Almost half of my body was patched up.

Straws of hay surround me as I relized it was my bed. You could say I was in a windmill shaped room. It was as if I'm in England times where there were windmills and farmland. There was a table next to my bed, the table had a plate with fruits of all kinds minced up. I stood up, my legs felt weak like a newborn fawn. Using the wall to guild me to a window, I looked out to see Jean and Izzy. I'm glad they are alright. It seems those two are training.

A girl with glorious red to pink hair to the length of her hips showed up with a barrel. I was too far away to hear their conversation but it seems the girl is helping the two train.

The girl placed the barrel about 20 feet away from the kids and pointed at the barrel. Jean took out his sword, and lunges with a magical skill. The skill was known as wind up, which can speed up a person's attack speed. The color blue flows around Jean as he tried another magic skill. Although it didn't work that well, but I can tell he tried to use water phase. Which can be use to heal one self by attack someone or something. Its very difficult to use, even I can't use it. Or rather, I don't want to learn it.

Someone opened the door to the windmill like room. It was a tall girl, almost six feet tall, with brown hair to her shoulders, and she was wearing peasant clothing.

"How do you do? My name is Amy Starsworth. Your friends brought you here not long ago."

This girl's voice had a cute British accent and her figure was... Perfect. It was all that I could describe her.

She sat on my bed then she patted the bed to signal me to sit down.

"I treated your wounds I hope you don't mind. By the way, may I ask for your name?"

I solemnly told her my name, "Ruka Kisakawa."

Amy giggled, "Please to meet you Ruka. Oh! That's right! I've made you some food! Hope you like it!"

It was some porridge. I don't personally like porridge but this girl is being so generous, I have to eat it all.

"Jean and Izzy were quite worried about you! I guess being 'The Slayer' takes a lot out of you!"

Choking on my porridge, "How do you-?"

"Oh! Jean told me quite a story about how you saved the kids lives and all. I was quite fascinated!", Amy exclaimed.

At that moment a barrel came crashing into the room through the window... Jean, Izzy and the pink haired girl came hustling into the room.

"Amy are you all right?!", the girl worried.

Amy giggled, "Hehe! I'm alright! But maybe Ms. Ruka isn't!"

"Senpai!!" "Onee-chan!!", both Jean and Izzy hollared.

I greeted them, only to find myself squeezed tightly by Jean and Izzy. Izzy sobbed as she hugged me and Jean just stayed silent, while Amy and the girl stood by the door.

I didn't really remember what had happened when I went fast break, but Jean told me that I was like the Flash and Spiderman combined as one. While Izzy thought I was from Attack on Titan and that I used to fight titans?

The girl crowed, "My name's Ricky! Please to meet you Slayer!"

"Um, please don't call me that."

Ricky questioned, "Why not?! It's your name isn't it?!"

I declined, "Um... No, its not really anymore. This is a new account."

"Oh, well this little guy keeps calling you 'Senpai' or 'The Slayer' so I didn't really learn your real name."

Jean argued, "Who you calling little guy!? Your that short for a 25 year old!"

Ricky contented, "Hey! Hey! I'm still growing! Age has nothing to do with height!""

Jean proclaimed, "It actually does have something to do age! Once you reach adulthood, you stop growing! Period!"

"Why you little brat!"

After some arguing from both sides, I've finally told Ricky my name and she suddenly asks me, "Then Ruka! How about you battle with me right now?!"

Amy concerned, "But Ruka still hasn't fully recovered yet. It would take a few more days and-"

Ricky broke in, "What do you say Ruka!?"

"Um... I think I'll rest up for the day, then tomorrow we'll fight okay?"

"Kay!! Kay!!"

It was soon night time. I laid in bed, gazing at the ceiling. Wondering about that dragon in the dungeon. That dragon was definitly not the dragon boss. Its moves were move different, as if someone was controling it.

A double knock came to the door. It was Amy, she came to give me dinner. Dinner was a steamed chicken with rice and for the sides, beans and corn. It was quite a meal.

"Make sure you rest up after this alright? I make quite the useful medicine, so you should be fine!"

Amy handed me a small bottle of silver crystal medicine. I thanked for her generosity and drank the potion. The taste was tasteless but the bitterness soon sank into my tongue as I swallowed 3 full glasses of water.

"I used to be a doctor in England, if your wondering how I know all this, but I soon retired after divorcing..."

"Why'd you divorced?", I asked.

"We met online. I fell for him but he didn't fall for me. He caused me to lose my job. He placed some formaldehyde and hypochlorite in one of the paitient's medicines. The paitient led to death and other doctors accused it was me who killed the paitient."

"Oh, I'm sorry..."

"You don't have to worry about it! Its alright! It's been 5 five years! So, I moved on and became a waitress!"

Amy stood up and walked to the door.

"Good night and good luck tomorrow!"

I waved to her goodbye as she slowly and silently closes the door shut.

The next day, Ricky was hyped up that she was jumping up and down and couldn't sit still.

Me and Ricky pulled out our swords. I pulled out my level 20 Long Sword and Ricky pulled out a level 17 Backsword. The countdown started.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3...

Flames were uproaring. A horned dragon appeared behind the burning windmill. It was the dragon from the dungeon! But this time there was someone riding it!

"Onii-chan!!!", Izzy shrieked.

Eyes widen to see the face of Quester...