Chapter 28

Dream's POV

     My friends and I began to talk and walk into the school. George and I are still laughing a little just to annoy Sapnap, and it's working pleasantly. I ruffle his hair a little as we walk through the door. He didn't seem to mind it whatsoever. We soon split up to go to our lockers. I make my way towards my locker, and think about how funny it is to see Sapnap's reaction after I sneak up and scare him. I do it so much to a point, that if one day I didn't do it, something may as well be wrong.

     I soon make it to my locker, and begin putting my things away. I finish a little earlier than usual, probably because my friends and I had entered the building earlier than usual. I took this to my advantage. I decide to go and talk to Sapnap. I walk down the hallway and turn the corner to where Sapnap's locker is, and I see something I never thought I would see. 

Sapnap's POV

    Dream, George, and I have just split up and now I'm walking to my locker. I make it to my locker in seconds, as my locker is near the main entry doors of the school building. I enter my locker combination, and look inside. Everything is normal, and I pack my things away. 

     I put my things away and think to myself. It felt quiet in the area. Too quiet..   I just shrug it off, and continue putting my things away. I finished and started grabbing my things for class. I begin to get the feeling someone is behind me. I don't feel this often at all, and whenever I do, my gut is always right. I turn around, and saw a face I thought I would never see again. It was the waitress from the restaurant Dream and I had gone to the previous day. I didn't know what to say, as this encounter was unexpected. She looks like she's already pissed just because I'm here. I don't know why she wants to talk to me, and let alone why she's here. I knew she looked our age, but I didn't think she went to this school. After a few moments of awkward silence, she speaks up. 

     "Where is he?" She says in an aggressive tone. "Where is who?" I reply with confusion in my voice. "Your blond friend. Where is he?" She says, while sounding impatient. I knew she was talking about Dream, and I genuinely didn't know where he was. Even if I did know where Dream was, I wouldn't tell her. Not after what had happened the other day. "I don't know, you'll have to look for yourself." I said truthfully. Just as I said that, I saw Dream turn a corner, and look at the girl and I in shock. He was just as shocked as I was when I saw her. She hadn't noticed him yet, and kept her attention on trying to get an answer out of me. "You're lying to me. I know that you know where he is. Tell me now!" She started getting demanding. I really wanted her out of my face, and a response came out of my mouth unexpectedly. "I don't know, lady! Now leave me alone." I said in a tone you would hear coming out of the mouth of an angry mother. She just looked at me like I said the rudest thing on Earth. She rolled her eyes and turned around. She then saw Dream standing at the corner. I saw her face light up, and she fast walked towards him. I didn't like this girl from the moment I saw her, and I didn't like her even a bit up to this point. Now I just wanted her to completely just leave. She then started to talk to Dream. "Hi there, I'm June. What's your name?" She sounded as if nothing had happened at the restaurant. It angered me even more that she had treated me like absolute garbage, and that she treated Dream like he was the most important person on Earth. I cold tell Dream was already angry at her presence, and wanted her to leave. "My name's Dream, now leave me and my friend alone." He said in a demanding tone, but he didn't sound like he was at the epidemy of anger. It was like how someone would sound if they were scolding their dog for chewing up their shoe. I was surprised, as she actually did it, but not before saying one more thing to Dream. "Okay, I'll talk you you later then, Dream!" She said it enthusiastically, like she had just made a new friend, when obviously she didn't. Both Dream and I hated her, and didn't want any more encounters with her. By now, we had wasted all of the extra time we had before our first classes, and would have to leave quickly if we wanted to make it to them on time. We were both quite pissed at the girl, whose name was June, and  wanted her to be out of out lives and mind her own business. 

     Dream and I gave each other a wave, and went out separate ways. Both Dream and I thought it was going to be a good day, but it started off horribly. I just hope that the afternoon will make up for that. I continued the day normally, and was anticipating my first break period. I just wanted to talk to Dream. Classes went by slowly, but I finally heard the bell ring, indicating my break period had started. 

Hi guys, that will end today's chapter. You may or may not have expected the return of the waitress, but I figured it would make the story a lot more interesting if I brought her back, lol. I didn't think this chapter would turn out good like this, as I am kinda tired. I'm pretty proud of this and the story so far, and I hope you all are enjoying the story so far. There were 1,040 words in this chapter. Well, I hope you all have a nice day/night. -Elle