'5.0 - YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING.

| CHAPTER FIVE |

| CHAPTER FIVE |

"show me the most
damaged part of
your soul,
your mind,
your body,
the ones they called
devious, heinous, monstrous,
and i'll show you
how they still shine
brighter than the sun."
you demanded.

"you sound like icarus,
eager for the sun.
getting too close
will only melt you."
he looked away and said
"and that's too much
for me to bear."

IT SEEMED LIKE DECADES HAD PASSED. as though you'd been on the first level of hell for as long as you remember. you stirred in your sheets, glueing your eyes to the ceiling. one, two, three blinks, you counted. a loud sigh.

last night your thoughts kept you up, your brain plagued with the inability to decipher the reason behind the twists in your stomach and tightness in your chest every time bakugou as little as looked in your direction.

his blood red eyes were pools of fire you found worthy of throwing yourself into even if it meant burning in them for the eternity. you'd willingly let those flames consume you, melt your skin away until there's nothing left of you but your heart beating for him.

you thought of camael. the tinge of guilt pierced your chest into a sharp pain, enough to suppress the tingles of desire under your skin before they could fully flourish.

camael, the boy who loved you, "no matter what" he said, "always and forever" he promised.

you closed your eyes, hoping to forget the fallen angel and focus on the boy with tanned skin and strength like no others, probably already waiting for you in the heavens.

but the action only backfired. in the darkness behind your closed eyelids, you could only see flames and an ash blond with red horns coming out of his head. the memory of him calling you "mine" was enough to force a shiver down your spine.

you snapped your eyes open. "no" you said softly into the air. none of it made sense. n̶o̶n̶e̶ o̶f̶ i̶t̶ c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ b̶e̶ t̶r̶u̶e̶. none of it was true. you begged your brain to think of something else, anything else.

"bakugou is half demon", your brain screamed back at you.

you thought of a misunderstood boy, judged for the way he looked, for his bloodline, his ancestors. he looked different and that was enough to be feared and cast aside.