'17.0 - BURN THEM ALL TO ASHES.

| CHAPTER SEVENTEEN |

he was all dark nights.
you were all star lights.

when you became one,
his darkness didn't
swallow your light,
it only made your
stars shine brighter.

"unleash yourself onto them."
he said. "burn with me
and burn bright. because
they all deserve to die."

SCREAMS. wails to be precise.

screeching through the night so sharply you had to cover your ears with your hands.

they sounded like cries of pain. the agonizing sounds one makes when they lose someone they love.

you hurried out of your tent and immediately hit bakugou's chest so hard you stumbled back a bit. and if it wasn't for him grabbing your arms to steady you, you would have fallen back on your ass.

"good. you're okay."

you finally looked up at him. he was panting, chest heaving with every ragged breath. his hair was a disheveled mess of spiky blond and his eyes were wide.

but it wasn't the expression on his face that made your breath hitch. it was the look in his eyes.

fear.

the look of pure unfiltered terror. you'd never seen him like that. concerned? worried? angry? yes. but on the verge of pissing his pants? never.

"what is it?" you forced out.

another cry of pain pierced through the air and you held your ears harder. but bakugou was still holding onto your body that now you realized was shaking uncontrollably. even as you saw a bead of blood trickle down his ear and roll down his neck, he still held on.

"we're under attack." he said and you only knew because your eyes were fixed on his mouth, reading his lips. "can you walk?"

you took one, two, three deep breaths to steady your drumming heart before nodding.

he slowly let go of your arms and you willed your body to stop its trembling and steeled your spine.

his eyes glowed red briefly before his nails grew into those long demonic claws he normally hid and he unsheathed his sword.