'9.0 - DON'T LET ME GO.

| CHAPTER NINE |

| CHAPTER NINE |

falling for him
wasn't falling at all.

it was like listening
to a song for the
first time and knowing
it would be your favorite.

and like walking into a house
and instantly knowing you're home.

IT HAD BEEN LESS THAN A WEEK. less than a week and you'd managed to kill a centaur, end your relationship, and lose your home. it was only a matter of time till you fell and joined the fallen ones. you just knew it.

and apparently even the fallen ones didn't want you among them. he'd asked you to leave. how easily he'd gone from calling you his to effectively kicking you out of his house.

but then again, you couldn't blame him. no one ever wanted you, not really. back up in the heavens, all you got were side glances and a trail of gossips behind your every step.

even camael only wanted you for your looks. the thought of him tightened your chest. but since that day, when he found you all bloodied and called you weak, when he blamed you for the whole thing too, it was like your eyes were finally open.

you gritted your teeth at the memories of him, every word now having a different meaning to it.

there was always this hunch, in the pit of your stomach, that his feelings where shallow, superficial.

but he was the only one bothering to be around you and you took his need for flaunting and control as being nice and caring.

"never again." you said under your breath as you laid the dragon claw dagger on bakugou's desk in his study. it didn't feel right to keep it.

kirishima wasn't home either, probably running some errands for his half angel half demon friend. there was no telling when he would be back, so you resorted to pushing a note under his door to say your goodbye.

you blinked your tears away and looked back at the house you'd unknowingly grown so used to for one last time before leaving the grounds.

there were creatures of shadows and curses in every alleyway. you couldn't see them as they blended with the dark. but the occasional painful screams of their victims were enough to make you keep away from those roads.

you walked around aimlessly for hours, looking for any building resembling an inn of some sort but there were none.

"look, i found a new play thing." you heard a deep voice behind you say and before you could speed up, a hand wrapped around your arm and forcefully turned you around.