Development (Ch169)

"So, what did you think of your first day? Apart from beating up villains, of course." You smiled at Kirishima's question, staring down at the plate of food on the table beneath you. "It was fine, I guess. I can't exactly say much, things got pretty hectic real quick."

He laughed softly, giving a slow nod. "Of course. I should have guessed!" Kaminari stretched himself across the wooden surface, looking up at you with sparkling eyes. "How does it feel making your debut?"

You shrugged softly, pausing when you felt a soft hand give you a gentle squeeze as it rested in your lap. You gave a small, unnoticeable smile and began to draw patterns on his palm with your thumb, your skin dancing softly across his and massaging the small muscles that usually ached from the extensive use of his explosive quirk. 

You heard a soft, relaxed hum come from beside you and you smiled. You felt his hands grow heavy in your own as if a weight had been lifted off his body through your gentle actions. 

He's been pent up a lot, I'm sure things have taken a pretty big toll on his hands. I feel so bad for him...Katsuki... works so hard. He deserves a lot more care, and he never admits he needs it. 

"Ah, well, I guess it feels pretty surreal more than anything." You rubbed the back of your neck softly, a gentle smile playing on your features. Bakugou looked over with half-lidded eyes, slightly tired with how you were handling his hands. 

The class shared small looks of approval at your answer, glad you weren't denying something like this, knowing you had a habit of brushing of events and not wanting to take what seemed like all their attention. 

"I'm just grateful I could. I would be lying if I said it was myself. You guys are the ones who got me here, without anyone's support I would have been completely lost." Todoroki smiled, nodding softly and giving you a quick side armed hug from your right side."Of course."

Kirishima nodded, pounding his fists together. "We're glad we could help you! You helped me in a lot of ways, and I'm sure the others feel so too." Yaoyorozu smiled, nodding gently in agreeance. "We only repaid what you've done for us. You're always there for everyone."

You couldn't help a look of gratefulness sweep over your features, enveloping you in a warm and soft hug. "Thank you, all of you." You looked away, feeling small tears prick your eyes. Kaminari noticed and widened his eyes before grinning and jumping up from his spot. 

The male practically sprinted towards you, making you startled and you ripped your grip from Bakugou's hand. The blonde frowned and was pulled back into reality, quickly looking around and trying to understand what was happening. It didn't take him long however to notice the blonde practically tackle you to the ground, a soft growl leaving his throat. 

You barely had any time to react before Kaminari enveloped you in a strong hug, his arms tightening around your frame and your nose quickly filling with his lemongrass scent. You froze, feeling a soft rumble in the form of a hum leave his chest, the male enjoying the gentle display of affection. 

Kirishima cringed, biting down on the knuckle of his index finger in an attempt to hide his concern and nervousness over the situation. He knew you weren't a massive physical person, and you hated practically all forms of contact unless it came from your explosive boyfriend. 

And Katsuki? Well, Katsuki was fuming. He looked ready to combust, his anger seeping out from every angle of his body. The situation quickly became dangerous, and not only the redhead, but the class, knowing that in only mere moments Kaminari would be writhing on the ground in pain. 

The ash-blonde grit his teeth and reached forward, his protective instincts kicking in. He hated the idea of you being uncomfortable whenever he was around, especially if it involved something he could prevent. But before he could grab you and pull you back, he paused, a soft sound echoing in his ears that made him freeze in his tracks.