Pride (Ch73)

You fiddled with your thumbs in your lap as you watched Hatsume work, the smell of oil and toxins filling your nose.

You sighed, looking up at the clock hanging scarcely on the wall, shaking violently with every sudden tug Hatsume made on your costume. The time read 12:47 pm. You groaned, leaning back in you chair and crossing your arms in annoyance.

Over half an hour ago Aizawa had excused you from the class, using the excuse of 'Teacher Warranted Inspection' to allow you to leave. It left many of your classmates confused, as you were the last person they would expect to see needing a teacher overview on your costume.

You manged to play it off saying the costume had been damaged during internships, and you had received a temporary assessment. Thankfully, your classmates had trusted you and gave you no further questions upon exiting the room.

You scoffed. You had made it clear to both Hatsume and Aizawa you wanted nothing more than a true assessment, but given you would trapping and most likely temporarily captured by your mother during a co-operation in a weeks time, it was an opportunity you couldn't afford to miss.

So you had settled for allowing Hatsume to make some changes to your costumes, as well as make sure everything was ready and matched the safety percussions. You were currently waiting for her to make some final adjustments to some safety clips on the thigh straps before you would be given the costume back for inspection.

You placed your hands in your pockets and bit your lip, your fingers digging around the material until they wrapped around the small glass canisters. You looked down and took a deep breath, composing yourself.

After careful consideration, and an entire night in your dorm off having a mental breakdown with Bakugou trying to comfort you, or more like shut you up, you had come to a revelation. The idea made you sick, but you couldn't help understand why it was important.

You packed your pockets with three canisters of over 4,000 milligrams of Acetaminophen, an extremely lethal medication that was harmless to humans, but extremely deadly to animals. Injection of at least one of the canisters would cause almost immediate damage to the red blood cells, reducing them of oxygen and causing your body to convulse and cause multiple organ failures. For a swift death, up to two were required, and the third canister had ben added as a contingency plan in case your body was strong enough to fight the drug for a few minutes.

You looked away, your eyes watering slightly. You thought back to all of the years in your mothers house. The years of abuse continued to haunt you, even after weeks of being comforted by your close friends and teachers. It hurt, knowing that you would have to face her once again.

Which is why you planned on placing the doses of Acetaminophen in your hero costume. You refused to kill the woman, knowing it wouldn't change anything, but you made sure that if you were captured, you had a way to ensure you wouldn't suffer again.

Am I really making the right decision here? Is everything worth throwing away? I've worked so hard to get to this point, so much effort just so I could simply survive. So why am I so willing to get rid of that?

You were startled from your thoughts when Hatsume jumped at you, her arms holding out your completed hero costume. The overall design hadn't changed, everything about the body suit the same or roughly similar. However, thigh straps had been added for extra storage and clips that would prevent you falling.

She shoved the material in your face, making you scrunch your nose and lean backwards, pushing her hands away and taking the costume. You inspected the bodysuit, admiring how she had decided to cut the centre, revealing your stomach and back with only a swimsuit type backing keeping the top and short bottoms together.