Race To The Top (Ch39)

You panted heavily, trying not to let your quirk slip. There wasn't long left, you had to hold out for 15 more seconds. Your eyes were clouded as steam surrounded you. Thankfully the toxin didn't affect you, but you could here slight coughs surrounding you as parts managed to break through your box and affect you classmates.

10 seconds. I can do this. 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4.....

Katsuki began to get restless, growling and muttering under his breath. Probably about Midoriya. But dispite this you could tell how focused he was. Winning this meant a lot to him, especially since he needed to prove himself to Izuku.

3

2

1

The doors opened up quicker than you were able to react. You stalled slightly but that was immediately out into action as steam surrounded the area, immediately covering the grounds in a thick layer. Multiple coughs and gags erupted as some fell to their knees, their eyes watering as they clawed at their throats.

The gas was deadly, but only if they were exposed to it for over five minutes. You were sure they could get out before then. There was a stop to Bakugous explosions as he pushed through, covering his mouth. He smirked, slightly impressed. "Y/N you tricky bastard...."

As the others were left in your wake you moved quickly, jumping into the arena and finally getting out of the thick fog, allowing the cameras to finally see you. At the sight of some movement your classmates relaxed, all tensed up as mist immediately surrounded everyone.

You jumped from pipe to pipe, keeping your ears and eyes on the brink. You already had some idea of All Mights location, you just needed to get to the area quickly.

Explosions erupted behind you and for a split second you sucked in a breath, turning to see what had happened. Bakugou's sweat has set off the flammable gas, causing multiple massive explosions to rupture. This further set back your classmates as they had only just managed to escape, but were once caught up again.

You kept moving, your moves replicating both that of Midoriya and Bakugou, sending surprise throughout everyone. You changed techniques, eventually getting faster and faster. Todoroki was the first to be seen apart from you, using his ice to skate across the metal. Bakugou followed closely behind, using his explosions as a booster.

You scoffed.of course their following me, they know I'm aware of All Mights location. Well then, if they really want to play that game...

You ran across a row of metal tanks, pausing with a sharp skid as you got to the end. You gritted your teeth and jumped across the gap, landing harshly on the other side. As you let yourself jump into the air, you pushed off from the weakest point of the pipes, causing it to crack and rupture.

This sent shockwaves that connected around the area, travelling down to Katsuki and Todoroki's position. This will stall them for a while. Now, it's time to really do this. You crossed your arms and jumped into the air, activating your transformation quirk. Your previous stunt had sped up the process, meaning you were able to transform while you were still in the air.

You felt your bones being shaped and bent and your ears popped under the pressure. After a small amount of time you had completed the use of your quirk, transforming into a Stellars Sea Eagle. Alright. Todoroki and Bakugou are directly behind me, if I can get in the air quick enough I'll be able to get farther ahead....