One For All (Ch95)

"Midoriya"

The green haired male looked up at you, noticing your startled and shocked expression. He waved his hands in the air, his eyes widening. "H-hey are you okay?! Did I do something?" You shook your head and shoved him off you, staring into his eyes as you narrowed your own.

That can't be right...and yet there's so much evidence to support it...

"Midoriya tell me something." He raised his eyebrows and nodded, standing back and biting his lip nervously. He shuffled between his feet, his hands moving with each other as he gulped with fear. He could tell you had figured something out, and a small spark of fear igniting inside him.

"What is the relationship with you and All Might, really? Where did you get your quirk from?" His eyes widened and he froze, his voice cracking as he began to shake. There's so much to say to him, but I can't put it into words. What the hell is going on?

"W-what? There's n-nothing going on! And my quirk came late, I t-told you!" You shook your heard, running a hand through your hair and dropping down. "You're lying, I know you are. You got your quirk from him, didn't you?" His face flushed a bright shade of red and he looked away, beginning to grow desperate as sweat dripped down his forehead.

"Of course not! What makes you say that?" You sighed softly, pulling your knees to your chest and tracing small patterns in the dirt with your finger. "I always thought something was odd about you, especially since All Might seemed to take special interest whenever you were around him."

"I could tell he was trying to hide it, but it was obvious, at least to me. Your quirk held to much similarities, and you would always drop small hints. Back at the sports festival, Todoroki asked you if you were related to him in any way. Your response was, 'It's not like that'."

You paused, looking back up at the male. He shook with fear, his hands struggling to keep themselves still as nerves shot throughout him. "He already called it, but your wording was interesting. It suggested you did have some relevance, you just couldn't talk about it. It would make sense if you were somewhat related, but you already told yourself that wasn't true."

"But even then, there were still red flags. Back at the dorms, and just now, you kept telling yourself and me that you would 'work with what was given.' At Hosu when All Might last fought, he pointed to the camera and said 'You're next.' Everyone thought he was addressing the villains, but it was you, wasn't it? Your his successor, the next in line. He gave you that quirk, that's why you said 'I'll work with what's given.' Bakugou figured it out too, that's why he fought you."

There was a soft silence that echoed throughout the area, only the soft shuffling of Midoriya and the gentle brushing of the wind against the trees could be heard. You sat still, your eyes narrowing down at the younger male. He looked down, wiping his face carefully and shaking his head.

"You really are incredible." You raised an eyebrow, stepping back. "Midoriya?" He looked up at you, a small smile on his face as he addressed you. "Nothing ever gets past you, you and Kacchan are the same. I guess it couldn't be helped, I suspected you would find out eventually."

"I'm not surprised. You have a quirk that makes you smarter. All Might told me to be cautious around you Y/N, guess it didn't help much." You let out a small sigh, focusing your thoughts. "So it is true then." He nodded gently, approaching you softly and dropping down on the ground with a small thud. He pulled his legs to his chest, resting his chin on his knee and looking down.