Promise (Ch76)

"Y/N...."

"Y/N?" 

"Y/N!"

You jumped, pulled from your thoughts as you teared your eyes away from the ash blonde boy. You looked at Mina, her face scrunched in a pout. "Seriously girly I called you three times, are you feeling okay?"

You nodded and waved your hand in dismissal. "If you say so. I was just saying earlier that while Koda, Shoji and Tokoyami clean the dishes, the rest of us will go set up the common room. You raised a delicate eyebrow. 

"Seriously? I though you already did everything." She shook her head. "We set up the couch for movies, but we need help moving some stuff around. Plus, we need to get a few things still while we wait for Sato to make his cake."

You chuckled and nodded, picking up your plate. "Alright I'll help, give me one second and I'll meet you in there." She nodded and walked away with Tsuyu and Hakgakure, shoving them playfully and laughing. 

You smirked and rolled your eyes, walking into the kitchen and placing your dishes in the dishwasher. You were glad the Heights Alliance buildings had dishwashers, allowing you to get things clean quickly without your classmates arguing over who had to do the work. 

You thanked Sato as you moved past him and entered the common room, admiring the girls handiwork that had been done so far. They had hung fairy lights around the walls, hanging them in place with whatever they were able to find without destroying the ceiling. 

Pillows were thrown across the floor, with blankets covering them in somewhat orderly patterns. You shook your head at their comfortable mess, earning laughs and side glances from Jiro. She approached you, coming to your side and helping move the pillows to give more room. 

"So how come you agreed to this?" You shrugged your shoulders, occupying yourself with the task. "Everyone seemed pretty exited about it, and I figured it would be a good distraction." She furrowed her brows, looking to the ceiling. 

"Distraction from what?" You chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of your neck. "Just work I guess. Everyone knows about the mission so It's no secret." She hummed and nodded in agreement, sending you a stifled laugh when Midoriya approached you. 

"Hey Y/N, can I ask a favour?" You looked up and dusted your hands off, rolling your eyes at the uncleanliness of Mineta's pillow. You nodded, crossing your arms as you looked over the boy. 

He shuffled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "Do you mind getting some spare blankets from the storage room? Kirishima said he put some in there earlier." You nodded slowly, slightly sceptical. 

"Why do you need me to go?" He saw your confused expression and flushed red, looking back at Kirishima and Sero who were huddled together, admiring Sato's cooking while stealing quick glances towards you. 

"W-well they said they were busy, and they needed someone that was able to carry them all without help. Plus they assumed y-you wouldn't mind since everybody else wanted to stay here." 

You rolled you eyes and nodded, allowing Midoriya to breathe out a sigh of relief. "Thank you. Just call down if you need help!" You waved him off and walked away, stepping over the abundant piles of pillows. 

You turned towards the stair way, beginning to climb the steps. You sighed and crossed your arms, slightly shivering as breeze rushed in through the open windows. Reaching the top of the stairs you walked down the empty hallway, navigating through the floor and trying to find the storage cupboard.